TV Series

Founding Supporter
Retired Administrator
So, I watch a lot of Netflix in my spare time. The 100 being my absolute favorite.

The Killing was a super sick show too

NCIS I would consider a close second

I started Fringe, it's alright. The first season was good, but it does start to get boring if you're sitting there binge watching it. The episodes start to become repetitive.

Just started Supernatural and so far, it's honestly pretty good. With 13 seasons rn, I'll be busy all year with this show. lmao.

What are some of your favorites or are currently watching?

On Fringe: I remember watching it on TV when it first came out, and what killed the show for me was the extended time in between episodes. Like, out of nowhere, it would go on these random breaks for extended periods (like 3-6 weeks). Any immersion or hype was killed, which is a shame, because I thought it had potential, but my interest eventually dwindled. Judging by your comments, it seems it saved me the trouble, anyway.

Founding Supporter
Retired Administrator
On Fringe: I remember watching it on TV when it first came out, and what killed the show for me was the extended time in between episodes. Like, out of nowhere, it would go on these random breaks for extended periods (like 3-6 weeks). Any immersion or hype was killed, which is a shame, because I thought it had potential, but my interest eventually dwindled. Judging by your comments, it seems it saved me the trouble, anyway.
Yeah fringe can be closely tied to NCIS honestly. There's a new crime every episode to solve. While there's still a back story going on, the main highlights are the crimes each episode. I'll probably continue watching it, but I won't be binge watching it.

I started the vampire diaries and I'm kinda sad I never started watching this earlier.

Yeah fringe can be closely tied to NCIS honestly. There's a new crime every episode to solve. While there's still a back story going on, the main highlights are the crimes each episode. I'll probably continue watching it, but I won't be binge watching it.
I definitely agree with that assessment. One of the reasons NCIS and shows like it (Criminal Minds and Law & Order: SVU being two immediate examples I can think of) are great, is because of how you can watch them. You don't necessarily need to binge watch them, because there isn't much in the way of recurring plot points in each episode, so you won't have to worry about recalling numerous, intricate details. Conversely, what you do get in terms of recurring plot, is just enough to entice those into that sort of thing. It's a win-win, and probably a major testament to why those shows have lasted so long.

Fringe definitely gets better. Try and hang on for another season or two. Black Mirror is also a great show that I would recommend. Also Daredevil and The Flash.

Founding Supporter
Retired Administrator
Fringe definitely gets better. Try and hang on for another season or two. Black Mirror is also a great show that I would recommend. Also Daredevil and The Flash.
I'm at like the end of season 2. It just seems super repetitive to me. 😞

Founding Supporter
Retired Administrator
Yeah it feels like that for a while. Then the plot line starts to get really good!
Well I'm currently sucked into the vampire diaries. And then I have to watch the originals after and then legacy. And by then hopefully the 100 will be out. I will have to pencil the rest of it in on my Netflix schedule this year. Because stranger things 3 is also coming out. 😂

One of my personal favorites is Forensic Files on HLN, and formerly CourtTV. I love getting a look at the various ways investigators solve crimes, and how even the smallest of details tells a story. It's one of those shows that I get sucked into for hours on end.

'YOU' - reminds me of Dexter

'Kingdom'- if you're into walking dead this show is like a Korean zombie apocalypse.

'Sex education'- pretty entertaining

'Punisher'

'Daredevil'

Top Bottom