Suggestion: Mauler K-Bar Knife upgrade in exchange for something

The K-bar is crucial to prevent you from becoming a log when you're expecting company but can't see it coming. You can't fire a grenade right next to your in close quarter combat; not only would that be suicidal but it's tough to aim it.

I see where you are going with this and I'm not saying mauler needs to lose the knife. Just questioning what a defensive explosives class is doing stabbing people in melee combat. It sounds kinda silly thematically.

I see where you are going with this and I'm not saying mauler needs to lose the knife. Just questioning what a defensive explosives class is doing stabbing people in melee combat. It sounds kinda silly thematically.

but invisibility and laser rifles are ok? interesting

mate i play guard enough, my approach with the class differs from yours

what does guard have to do with this

i guess the term "gauss rifle" is the one used for lancer but it's essentially a laser rifle

Yea, it's definitely shaped like a railgun, but the bullet and sound effect does resemble laser beams. Not sure if that was intentional by the developers. I remember thinking those were lasers too the first day I played this game.

Yea, it's definitely shaped like a railgun, but the bullet and sound effect does resemble laser beams. Not sure if that was intentional by the developers. I remember thinking those were lasers too the first day I played this game.

so then it goes back to your original comment about there being a thematic discrepancy, where an explosive class has a knife. how is that less thematically disconnected than an invisible person, as well as a guy with bionic legs shooting laser rifles?

so then it goes back to your original comment about there being a thematic discrepancy, where an explosive class has a knife. how is that less thematically disconnected than an invisible person, as well as a guy with bionic legs shooting laser rifles?

I was talking about the knife not being thematically fitting in the mauler's arsenal only.
Someone who carries an grenade launcher and claymores decides to have a knife for a sidearm doesn't feel right.

I think you've mistaken my statement as a comment on the game as a whole. But to answer your question more thoroughly using your examples: Invisibility on a fragile scouting class that uses knife and silenced pistols is thematically correct, (even though the P90 is questionable). Having bionic legs on a skinny soldier wielding a railgun is also correct, (those things are impossible to run with).

So long explanation short: Maulers that don't actually maul, but instead stab people to death with a butter knife in melee combat is a bit out of place don't you think?

So long explanation short: Maulers that don't actually maul, but instead stab people to death with a butter knife in melee combat is a bit out of place don't you think?

I find it a lot more plausible that a soldier would carry a knife, no matter gear they're carrying, than having invisibility and a laser gun

If you don’t like the knife, remove it. Give mauler primary 5 more bullets and give it melee. Add 1 clay. 8^)

Back
Top Bottom