Implemented Suggestion: Fourm chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay, will take a look at the options if the other admins agree to a forum chat :)

Another option would be to have the discord.

Reactions: BN
Should definitely look into it, having this would boost forum activity. Let’s me honest people come onto the forums to see if there’s anything new like posts/threads if there’s nothing new they just go of the site because there’s nothing to do.

Having a Shoutbox would keep them activ on the site 👍

Let’s me honest people come onto the forums to see if there’s anything new like posts/threads if there’s nothing new they just go of the site because there’s nothing to do.

ya i was thinking the same, it might even create some newer threads as well for people that wouldnt join the chat but still just look for new posts/threads

Should definitely look into it, having this would boost forum activity. Let’s me honest people come onto the forums to see if there’s anything new like posts/threads if there’s nothing new they just go of the site because there’s nothing to do.

Having a Shoutbox would keep them activ on the site 👍
ya i was thinking the same, it might even create some newer threads as well for people that wouldnt join the chat but still just look for new posts/threads

Im just not sure how necessary this is because we will for sure be putting the discord chat on here, and both games have chats as well.

Mainly the discord chat is the reason why it may not be necessary to also have a shoutbox.

Im just not sure how necessary this is because we will for sure be putting the discord chat on here, and both games have chats as well.

Mainly the discord chat is the reason why it may not be necessary to also have a shoutbox.

if you can integrate the discord with the site itself that would be essentially the idea i feel, but it would have to be integrated and accessible from this site. otherwise it would divert the attention away from the site

if you can integrate the discord with the site itself that would be essentially the idea i feel, but it would have to be integrated and accessible from this site. otherwise it would divert the attention away from the site

Yeah thats what the plan is

Reactions: BN
Haven't commented but yeah wish there could have been a chat function for the forums, at least for the beta. I checked the forums every once in a while and there was no new posts but there would be other people online on the forum.

Haven't commented but yeah wish there could have been a chat function for the forums, at least for the beta. I checked the forums every once in a while and there was no new posts but there would be other people online on the forum.

It was never really a thought because there's currently three different ways to live chat. The current objective is to essentially integrate discord into the forum, but via a link. Having a chat box on the main page is something we all agreed may not be best. As it can engage activity on the homepage of the forums, it could very well take away the want to actually utilize the forums themselves. With integrating our Discord server through a link, you will still be on pawngame.com without opening discord and you will be free to navigate around on a separate page. Hopefully this clears some things up. (:

That's essentially the goal. You won't have to leave pawngame.com for anything.

What if you want to visit SandBoxd to breath in some more of its pretty whiteness?

Will you add a SandBoxd VIEW huh??? Huh??!?!

We don't need to trick people into using the forums if they otherwise wouldn't. Discord is built for games so it's better if it integrates into the games itself, rather than into the forums which serve their purpose as a great source of discussion and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom