[2TDM] After

Knux57

PT Map Making Team
Pawn Credits
[Repost from Sandboxd's Map Making forum because that place is hard to find]

My first map in many years.
2dkb0iI.png

looks like a solid 5v5 tdm map

the only thing i find questionable is the tables near the middle of the map, seems like you could spray people as they spawn from your own spawn

Last edited:
I understand why you named it “After”, it’s because after so long, you made a map.

Straight gameplay. No traveling or anything, move in, throw grenades/flashes. All kinds of classes would be used, Mauler, Guardian, Assault, Support, Recon, Lancer. Balanced spawns too, some in the middle and some at the far back. A lot of boxes to use flashes for. No going left or right, just a small, up and down TDM map. Unique, would be fun.

Map looks beautiful as well...

SERVER THIS!!!

I'm interested in why you chose to make this a TDM? Screams FFA to me. My one concern is it seems like it has a bit of tile spam, or just putting a whole bunch of different things in to fill different spaces. While I really like the long horizontal paths running along the top/bottom side, I dislike the vertical paths you have to use to advanced forwards in the map. Almost every single one files you through one or two single-spaced walkways.

I'd personally like if you removed the orange crates from the middle area and perhaps added two small elevation platforms? 1 or 2 tiles at most I'd say.

All in all definitely not bad for first map, really like some of the ideas. Don't think the flow of the map was fleshed out that much and think there's a bit too many blocking tiles. Whenever this "synergy" from using symmetricity is used on a map this small it can be very difficult to create good walkways.

I’m not sure how you see a FFA in this, it looks like a TDM map to me because of the vertical battles that will occur.

I agree, it is a bit narrow and maybe somethings should be removed to make more walking space.

I'm interested in why you chose to make this a TDM? Screams FFA to me. .

I could see it both ways to be honest. All of the walkways extending vertically go farther than the ones horizontally, giving it a north/south balance imo

I’m not sure how you see a FFA in this, it looks like a TDM map to me because of the vertical battles that will occur.

Because it is so small, the amount of space per person could make a pretty good FFA

Back
Top Bottom