Guard

Does the guard need a buff?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion = I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pawn Credits
Can we speak about my favorite class in PT?
It's the only class with a freaking shield. And it's also the only class I never use.
It's weak.

The question is if it's intended to be that way. It might be a class with the intend to support other classes. Medics are not that strong too.
But Medics are versatile - you can use them in literally every single gamemode and a good medic is a pain in the ass. Medics don't have to rely on other teammates.
Guards are only useful in certain situations and it's just outright useless without teammates.

It should get a buff. Imo it should carry a more powerful primary weapon, his shield should prevent grenade damage and flash grenade shouldn't work while he's carrying a shield.
Add a melee option (0,5x-damage of Assault-melee) and we should have a perfectly balanced class.

gf8w47z4.jpg

Personally if you choose guard it can actually kill just about every class except lancer.
I have tested this extensively, the only problem is it's so slow nobody wants to use it.

If the intended purpose was to support the other classes, and be a slow kill then we should keep it the way it is.
But if it was intended to have some firepower and be able to play in multiple game modes like Medic, then, I think the damage should be upped, and maybe make it a little faster.

I think the primary weapon state of guard is in a very balanced place right now, guard can play a vital role in supporting your team. I think the real issue with guard is that you often feel useless when by yourself. I think the secondary weapon on guard should lose the shield, but be stronger than your primary weapon. I think the guard should have a meaningful choice between primary: defending your team & secondary: killing the enemy team. I think the secondary weapon could have a melee if the gun isn't too strong.

Personally if you choose guard it can actually kill just about every class except lancer.
I have tested this extensively, the only problem is it's so slow nobody wants to use it.

If the intended purpose was to support the other classes, and be a slow kill then we should keep it the way it is.
But if it was intended to have some firepower and be able to play in multiple game modes like Medic, then, I think the damage should be upped, and maybe make it a little faster.

I have a hard time believing a guard can kill other classes. But I do agree with the other things you said.

The Spoiler Was very much needed, Thank You Zyl
No problem. I'm glad I'm helpful.
I think the primary weapon state of guard is in a very balanced place right now, guard can play a vital role in supporting your team. I think the real issue with guard is that you often feel useless when by yourself. I think the secondary weapon on guard should lose the shield, but be stronger than your primary weapon. I think the guard should have a meaningful choice between primary: defending your team & secondary: killing the enemy team. I think the secondary weapon could have a melee if the gun isn't too strong.
That sounds like a good alternative idea.
There’s already a thread about this, please post your thoughts there: https://pawngame.com/index.php?threads/68/
That thread is older than my account (literally). And furthermore I needed a justification to create that spoiler hehe

Definitely, I feel as if the shield should have 200% more durability, to protect your team.
Good idea - we could try to buff the Guard that way. I assume durability means the guards stamina drains slower or are you trying to double his health points?

And thanks iKidd, Spongebob and Chernobyl for your feedback. But I'd like to keep this discussion professional. Please no jokes in this thread.

You should read the first letter of each paragraph.

Reactions: 7
Good idea - we could try to buff the Guard that way. I assume durability means the guards stamina drains slower or are you trying to double his health points?

And thanks iKidd, Spongebob and Chernobyl for your feedback. But I'd like to keep this discussion professional. Please no jokes in this thread.

You should read the first letter of each paragraph.
These are valid suggestions that we are offering.
and what

[QUOTE="Zylinderknopf, post: 4065, member: 129"And thanks iKidd, Spongebob and Chernobyl for your feedback. But I'd like to keep this discussion professional. Please no jokes in this thread.[/QUOTE]

my suggestions have all been serious, i have no idea what you mean by this

Reactions: 7
Well, I like Zyl's suggestion that guard should have 0.5 x assault melee, but this would make guard dominate too much. No class would be able to infiltrate his shield and deliver damage (med/con/ass/lanc). So I think the buff needs to be towards the primary weapon

Personally, I think guard primary weapon should increase to 300 ammo, 200 is too little. Guard primary weapon also has damage slightly improved to compensate. Then, guard would be a much more dangerous class and approach the PT class equilibrium. It still won't be as strong for deathmatch, but guard is a specialty class that can dominate in koth or assault so.

Back
Top Bottom