Pawn and Pawngame should be updated to a different format.

Pawn Credits
I'm not talking about the forums. The forums look fantastic and very nostalgic, I approve.

I'm talking about the fact that the games are still mostly coded and presented in Flash, which is set to be completely removed from browsers like Firefox and Chrome by the end of the year.

Are there any plans for changing Pawngame and/or Pawn Tactics to a different Engine or anything later down the line?

Changing the format has been part of the roadmap. As the games were created by Blank in high school, the code needs a bit of cleaning up to make it easier to switch formats. Pawn's code has been majorly cleaned up as I migrated it to the same format that Pawn Tactics is in. Pawn Tactics' code will need a bit more work, and then they can be migrated to a newer format.

Changing the format has been part of the roadmap. As the games were created by Blank in high school, the code needs a bit of cleaning up to make it easier to switch formats. Pawn's code has been majorly cleaned up as I migrated it to the same format that Pawn Tactics is in. Pawn Tactics' code will need a bit more work, and then they can be migrated to a newer format.
he made this in high school? My gawd..

he made this in high school? My gawd..

I think so, yeah.

I was relatively young when Pawngame first came out but my sense of time has been completely destroyed, because it didn't feel like that long ago.

But I remember Blank101 and JPillz being reasonably young at the time when Pawngame first came about.

Back
Top Bottom