[2][CTF] Clockwork

zen

Pawn Credits
Geared towards a (3,4,5) clan war setting

rdfDVLG.jpg

Original:

Last edited:
Wow. Took a glance and judging from that, this looks amazing.
By the way, 7 already made a map named “Clockwork”, it’s not servered though.

E: Might wanna open up one more entrance to the flag, other than that it looks like gameplay will be really competitive.

Last edited:
Wow. Took a glance and judging from that, this looks amazing.
By the way, 7 already made a map named “Clockwork”, it’s not servered though.

E: Might wanna open up one more entrance to the flag, other than that it looks like gameplay will be really competitive.

I am wary to add another entrance to the flag because the limited entrances were very intentional. My aim was to make one side the faster, but riskier side, while the other side is longer but has more cover.

I feel like it'll probably be best played with larger numbers, 5 and everything above. Seems kinda large for a 3v3.

IMO, it would be really bad past 5, it reminds me of OC or LI type gameplay where if you get past 5 people it might just be a camp-off. (2med1assault top and bottom side in a 6v6). It's really all just speculation until we do some testin on it tho. It would be really nice to have a map tester that we could local host to each other to test.

This is the best map I've seen in a long time and server worthy by every means. With that said, I really dislike the large and excessive amounts of open spaces there are(middle, top right, bottom left and sides) and any kind of furniture there would greatly benefit the map imo. Regardless, this is a great map and I agree with your choice of capping player limits at 5, as camp would certainly be an issue if the map was too crowded

This is the best map I've seen in a long time and server worthy by every means. With that said, I really dislike the large and excessive amounts of open spaces there are(middle, top right, bottom left and sides) and any kind of furniture there would greatly benefit the map imo. Regardless, this is a great map and I agree with your choice of capping player limits at 5, as camp would certainly be an issue if the map was too crowded
Yeah I feel dat it could probably use some crates. I'm gonna wait to play it and see if there's any spots that feel really bad to walk thru

This map isn’t what I thought it would be. Anyone else think the same?

The path from Flag to Flag is too short and too easy. Because you have a split path and the way pathing works, it is just so easy to cap the flags. This map layout would be better if it was ETF based vs CTF based if you opened up the spawn a bit.

Also the area outside the +1 Elevation is essentially useless, because there is no need to go outside there. The only purpose I see for this, would be a recon sneaking into base to spawnkill. Other than that, there is no need for the outside.

The path from Flag to Flag is too short and too easy. Because you have a split path and the way pathing works, it is just so easy to cap the flags. This map layout would be better if it was ETF based vs CTF based if you opened up the spawn a bit.

Also the area outside the +1 Elevation is essentially useless, because there is no need to go outside there. The only purpose I see for this, would be a recon sneaking into base to spawnkill. Other than that, there is no need for the outside.
Exactly.

I'd recommend giving the map a play, I've clan warred on this map many times and with even teams it is rarely a 3 capture game, and if it is, it is close to using up the full 10 minutes. Hiding recons never capture flags on this map (unless the defending team has no idea what they're doing). It takes a lot of coordination with your team to capture a flag on this map, which was my intention so I'm happy with how it turned out. Once you understand the trade-offs at play, you'l realize there is a situation for all 3 of the ways back to your base from the enemy flag. There's the shortest, which is ideal when the path is clear. There's the 2nd shortest, which is good when there's only 1 con left in your base and your team has control of that side, and there's the long away around for when you're low and there's too high a chance of getting sprayed on the return. My only recommendation for this map is to take it out of public matches, because I think it requires too much teamwork. The few times we played this map in pubs or in clan wars with people who play mostly pubs, they struggled A LOT.

UPDATE FOR MAP VOTE:
Slight map tweaks to make the map flow more obvious, added grass path as a device to tell new flag carriers where to carry the flag. Also made it a little harder to camp your spawn.

rdfDVLG.jpg

UPDATE FOR MAP VOTE:
Slight map tweaks to make the map flow more obvious, added grass path as a device to tell new flag carriers where to carry the flag. Also made it a little harder to camp your spawn.

rdfDVLG.jpg
Youre literally showing them the path to go now wtf, the map isnt even complicated...

Back
Top Bottom