[4T-FFA-KoTH] Creatormin Arena

MoMo

PT Map Making Team
Founding Supporter
Pawn Credits
This map can be a regular FFA-KoTH or a 4T-KoTH with mix spawns.
Max 12 people.

Last edited:
Looks super fun to me, a map that doesn't try to get in your way at all and lets you just slay out on people. I definitely think the zone should be one ring larger covering a tile over the lower ground as well, possibly even extending it out a little to the corners and making it so you can't walk on the top area? Not sure about the second half of that but definitely think it should be one ring larger at least.

Another possible suggestion would be replace the 3 "brick" walls not really doing anything along the walls in 4 spots with a 3x2 highground platform (The one with no elevated tiles just one stairs leading directly to the other edge). I think the spray cover is already set up pretty good to not allow them to be overpowered and may give people some reason to not immedietely rush the center but try and fight in the open as well.

Definitely could see this going on the server. Has the very classic simple gameplay that makes a lot of maps fun while also providing great technical detail in spray coverage and I'm always a fan of random spawns.

Looks super fun to me, a map that doesn't try to get in your way at all and lets you just slay out on people. I definitely think the zone should be one ring larger covering a tile over the lower ground as well, possibly even extending it out a little to the corners and making it so you can't walk on the top area? Not sure about the second half of that but definitely think it should be one ring larger at least.

Another possible suggestion would be replace the 3 "brick" walls not really doing anything along the walls in 4 spots with a 3x2 highground platform (The one with no elevated tiles just one stairs leading directly to the other edge). I think the spray cover is already set up pretty good to not allow them to be overpowered and may give people some reason to not immedietely rush the center but try and fight in the open as well.

Definitely could see this going on the server. Has the very classic simple gameplay that makes a lot of maps fun while also providing great technical detail in spray coverage and I'm always a fan of random spawns.
What would you replace the brick walls with?

And yes I agree with RipIt, @MoMo make the zone a bit bigger.

Also @RipIt what do you mean when you say “making it so you can’t walk on the top area”

Don't like it. Its another pyramid but the guy in the middle is even more vulnerable to nade destruction
Another thing to add on is that when you spawn, it’d take some considerable amount of time and energy to get to the middle since you’d have to fight three other teams to get to it. In Pyramid, the instinct is to get to the middle ASAP, you can’t do that here since there are only two elevation levels.

Anyways, the name is still stupid and cringy!!! @MoMo

I definitely think the zone should be one ring larger covering a tile over the lower ground as well

Another possible suggestion would be replace the 3 "brick" walls not really doing anything along the walls in 4 spots with a 3x2 highground platform

Expanding the zone by one ring larger will change the gameplay significantly if the +1 platform remains the same size. What I can do is to turn it into the shape of a cross and add a one-tile wall in the center to block off some grenades and flashes. The 3x2 high ground platform you suggested seems a little bit overpowered for the spawns, so I don't think I will add it. Thanks for your critique. I too think the gameplay is classic and balanced. The placements of spawns would also make it a very interesting map to play on.

Don't like it. Its another pyramid but the guy in the middle is even more vulnerable to nade destruction

As RipIt pointed out, the zone may be a little too small, so I will enlarge it and add a one-tile wall in the center to block off some grenades and flashes.
This map does reflect The Pyramid in some aspects, but I wouldn't say it's just another version of it.

Another thing to add on is that when you spawn, it’d take some considerable amount of time and energy to get to the middle since you’d have to fight three other teams to get to it. In Pyramid, the instinct is to get to the middle ASAP, you can’t do that here since there are only two elevation levels.

It's the same idea as a regular free-for-all deathmatch, except players are given a team color. In other words, you will be fighting everyone around you the second you spawn, whether or not you have a team. If you are lucky, your teammates might spawn in the same area and you guys will have the opportunity to work as a team. I would also like to remind you that both Creatormin Arena and The Pyramid have two elevated levels, so your statement is invalid.

I understand that you might not be comfortable with Godmin Arena due to the negativity associated with the word, Godmin, but Creatormin is simply a joke and not offensive in anyway.

I’m loving the spawns here, it’s really unique and I don’t think TKotH has even seen anything like this.

I think it would take an exceptional team to get to the middle. The sight of multiple team members on that small zone would be beautiful...

I wish this was servered...
#NextTime

On a side note, I agree with RipIt and MoMo, this looks like a really classic and fun map.

Back
Top Bottom