[6CTF] HoriZen

zen

Pawn Credits
Trying to get some competition for layers out there!
Final
LEVqEVl.jpg

V2
QKbS01t.jpg

eT0TzVv.jpg

Last edited:
was the point of the middle to write zen in it??
Interesting...
I actually wrote "PIT" in the middle and the map was going to be called The Pit but I decided that didn't feed my ego enough

I dont think there would be as much action in the middle as layers
Yeah I'm personally not a fan of everyone sitting in their base facing the middle, I tried to take the stupid parts of layers out

nice map but it reminds me of that one old map that was sevvered seems prety identical

how bout this, seeing as you are new map maker with no current credibility and credentials i will license u my "Aladeen" name-brand and let you put "ala" (written exactly as is no capitalization) in the middle of the map. my brand holds significant value and i can guarantee will be voted not only into pt but put you and ur map into the pt map making and pt map hof respectively.

Original map name
I picked it with your comment on map names in mind

how bout this, seeing as you are new map maker with no current credibility and credentials i will license u my "Aladeen" name-brand and let you put "ala" (written exactly as is no capitalization) in the middle of the map. my brand holds significant value and i can guarantee will be voted not only into pt but put you and ur map into the pt map making and pt map hof respectively.
Gosh I'm kinda trembling at this opportunity

nice map but it reminds me of that one old map that was sevvered seems prety identical
which 1

Layers is popular because it allows for close combat between players from all six teams. This map is kind of the opposite, but I see where you're going.
Bonus points for including your name in the map XD

I am now aspired to create a 6T-CTF map to rival yours.

Layers is popular because it allows for close combat between players from all six teams. This map is kind of the opposite, but I see where you're going.
I disagree. I think what makes layers popular is the multiple teams, which creates a different gameplay than 2 teams. Another thing that makes layers popular is that it has fun gameplay for flag carriers, which is why I tried to make all the bases good for taking the flag. Honestly when there is more than 8 people in a layers game, it is more common for the flag carriers to use the outside because of the safety. I tried to design the middle so that you can take the flag and camp an elevated corner before heading to your base. I do agree that the size of the map might restrict it from having as fast a pace as layers, which is my only issue with the map.

Tried to make the middle more accessible. Added game play to the outskirts. Put red and blue in the middle so teams fill around the first two to join.

QKbS01t.jpg

It looks realy congested and the map looks to be HUGE, it also shows its more towards hitting the closest 2 bases near your flag which eliminates the need to hit bases from across the map. there doesnt seem to be much of a center map battle. Since players will be only hitting the 2 side bases and ignoring the rest of the map. Influences PADD

It looks realy congested and the map looks to be HUGE, it also shows its more towards hitting the closest 2 bases near your flag which eliminates the need to hit bases from across the map. there doesnt seem to be much of a center map battle.
Middle is the fastest route for every base besides the 2 closest to you (so 3/5 bases), but the size of the map does make it slower paced than layers. It's the same as layers though, if people in the closest base to you are better players / camping well then you will go to one of the other bases through the middle. If red or blue goes to the side (avoiding the middle), then the other red or blue can go through the middle easily. I think the middle won't be as packed because you can't camp the middle from your base, but I don't think that's a bad thing. If no one is ever middle, then flag carriers will take it through middle, and if that starts happening people with watch middle more.

Since players will be only hitting the 2 side bases and ignoring the rest of the map. Influences PADD
You could say the same about layers for a recon when heavies camp the middle of layers.

may I suggest capitalizing the Z in 'Horizen'? I believe HoriZen would be cooler

in each spawn there are 3 elevations. regarding the elevations closest to the middle of the map, are the boxes next to them the same height or can you shoot over them from said elevations?

may I suggest capitalizing the Z in 'Horizen'? I believe HoriZen would be cooler

in each spawn there are 3 elevations. regarding the elevations closest to the middle of the map, are the boxes next to them the same height or can you shoot over them from said elevations?
You can't shoot over them, you can only throw nades over them.

Back
Top Bottom