Working as Intended Add In Game Currency

Pawn Credits
We need an in game currency called Pawnbucks.

They can be used to purchase and unlock classes and other special features

For example, lock the lancer, support, and commander classes as these are the "more difficult" classes and should be resevered for paying players - prevents noobs from using them

$5 = 5 pawnbucks

Heres some proposed unlocks
----------
Change the color of your bullets (white, yellow, green, transparent): 2 pawnbucks
Unlocking a class: 3 pawnbucks
Change in-game SHIFT+num voices (alex has offered to do a voice pack): 5 pawnbucks
Create a clan: 20 pawnbucks
Prevent alex from joining the game: 5 pawnbucks
Unlimited run: 5 pawnbucks
Unlimited grenades: 6 pawnbucks
Unlock team chat (keep it locked by default, prevents spam and lessens moderator work): 3 pawnbucks

I think this is a really good way to fund the game and help promote a more balanced atmosphere. I'm sure lots of players would be willing to make the payment

Edit: Hey Fusious thanks for the support - we have one admin on board guys

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alri good system but some of your suggestions are not good

PT is not p2w and will never be. You should never be able to use pawnbucks for unlocking classes, creating clans, buying unlimited run, and teamchat. I’m sure many ppl would quit the game if those ideas were implemented.

What would be cool and *fair* is the new voice command pack, and bullet colors. Aesthetic upgrades are the only things Pawnbucks should be used for in PT

um

Change the color of your bullets (white, yellow, green, transparent): 2 pawnbucks

this would add way too much confusion

Unlocking a class: 3 pawnbucks

this is ridiculous, one of the things that makes games like league of legends unapproachable by some players.

Change in-game SHIFT+num voices (alex has offered to do a voice pack): 5 pawnbucks

this is actually good

Create a clan: 20 pawnbucks

i could potentially see this one if the game gets big again, but until then no

Prevent alex from joining the game: 5 pawnbucks

memes

Unlimited run: 5 pawnbucks

p2w nty

Unlimited grenades: 6 pawnbucks

p2w nty

Unlock team chat (keep it locked by default, prevents spam and lessens moderator work): 3 pawnbucks

ridiculous as well

in-game currency should only affect purely cosmetic things. the tracers on bullets do not count as they need to be plainly visible and uniform as they present valuable information in games. cosmetics such as sprite remodels, smokes, colorful names (that don't cause confusion with moderators/admins), etc are all fine, but putting a pay wall up would just make it a mobile game lmao

Many different bullet colors would be confusin...
But i haz an idea: same thing except the bullets would be white-blueish crystals(normal size ofc) that would have a distinct sound efx and impact. This would be a luxury.

Our games have always been completely devoid of currency systems, and this is a strong unique feature of them we can use to our advantage when marketing. Many other games fall because the publishers are too greedy, we won't let this happen to Pawn.

If we do need funds for expansion and keeping the games up in the future, we won't shy away from group fundraising, as we know our community is here to support us even financially when it comes down to it, based on how much was raised to bring back PG on SandBoxd.

The rejection is an administrative decision, but feel free to continue discussion about it.

I like the idea... but I'm with Alex on this one.

Making certain classes pay to get.... that will ruin the game. But if someone wants to pay to unlock them early.... I'm ok with that.

But the game would need to be a little bit more active to lock classes, cause if someone wants to play its only at night time could they.

But maybe if they added bots/ challenges against bots and they can get different classes, colors and so on.

I think it's a good idea to lock the support class though to prevent people from picking it. It's pretty common that someone picks support when your assault or heavy for example, and you think "Aw man why did this guy have to choose this class, why couldnt he have gone recon"

Our games have always been completely devoid of currency systems, and this is a strong unique feature of them we can use to our advantage when marketing. Many other games fall because the publishers are too greedy, we won't let this happen to Pawn.

If we do need funds for expansion and keeping the games up in the future, we won't shy away from group fundraising, as we know our community is here to support us even financially when it comes down to it, based on how much was raised to bring back PG on SandBoxd.

The rejection is an administrative decision, but feel free to continue discussion about it.
This is a good point. Pawn game has succeeded where other games have fallen. Other games are looking to Pawn to set the standard.

@Alex
Of course nothing p2w should be added to PT, but why not aesthetic upgrades that offer no advantages? It’s just like smoke except these are things you pay for.

If the game becomes pay to win I would never play it again. Unlimited grenades? Unlimited run? Huh??? It’s called pawn tactics for a reason. You’re supposed to use your utility wisely.

Paying $20 to make a clan is also bogus. Maybe $5 and I’d think it’s acceptable.

Voice pack is fine.

Only make sprites have different cosmetic options. Different bullet colors and even TRANSPARENT is just bogus, you might as well enable the invisible bullet glitch again lmao. Anything that affects game play is dumb.

Okay so it sounds like the fireworks bullets are not a popular option nor is paying to unlock classes, but I would really encourage unlimited run. It would save money too because you wouldnt wear down your keyboard having to press space bar all the time to toggle run on and off

Okay so it sounds like the fireworks bullets are not a popular option nor is paying to unlock classes, but I would really encourage unlimited run. It would save money too because you wouldnt wear down your keyboard having to press space bar all the time to toggle run on and off
Again p2w... and plus it removes an aspect of strategy and tactics. U gotta use your sprint wisely to win.

plus imagine a recon fc with unlimited run... no counters

Back
Top Bottom