Area 51 - What if scenario

Pawn Credits
As everyone is aware, a raid on Area 51 is scheduled on the 20th September.

How would the Area 51 guards react to such a massive attack? Yes, I'm aware it's just a joke. Even if there are some crazy people actually willing to raid the base, it'll be a very small part of all participants.
But just imagine all 1.5 million people would try to raid the base. What do you think would happen?

I'm just curious.
Because I often see comments claiming the US government (or more precisely the US military) would simply kill all raiders without any hesitation. I personally would believe such a huge amount of humans would prompt them to give up their base (or at least avoid lethal force). They'd kill a few of them, but if the raiders won't stop their attack then I can't really imagine them massacring one million people. It's not that hard to justify killing hundreds of attackers, but over one million?

I severely doubt even 10,000 people would attempt to raid Area 51. The National Guard would probably protect it with tear gas, pepper spray, and other non lethal defenses

Never going to happen. It was an obvious joke, however i fully expect some dingbats to try. I can only hope the military treats them as security threats if only to help the gene pool.

If we pretend it did actually happen en masse, lets look at the rules. The property around Area51 is stated as a restricted government area. Simply trespassing past the outer sign is subject to six months imprisonment, a $500 fine, or both. Once you get closer towards the facility the signage literally reads “Use of Deadly Force Authorized.” This is not an idle threat, as in January of this year a man was shot dead for disregarding guards commands.

Now obviously the guards will start with less lethal options. Warning shots, tear gas, tazers, bean bags, etc... If somehow people were to get past these deterrants, they guards would be forced into lethal force, and hopefully the sight of their fellow idiots getting mowed down by M4's is sure to stop the "invasion" in its tracks. This isnt like World War Z where the waves keep coming. The only thing left of the crowd would be the dead/wounded, and the piles of :censored: left over by the survivors as they flee.

Its utterly comical as the "serious" people who want to rush the base actually think that they will:
- Make it past the first gate
- Make it past the second gate
- Somehow get into the main building which is most likely equipped with bio-metric security or more
- Find a way to the "alien" rooms

I almost want to get up on a hill with a lawn chair and a pair of binoculars and watch. Maybe bring a sandwich and make a picnic out of it.

I say the us govt cleans out area 51 so by the time the raideds arrive theres nothing there and no one gets hurt. Smart right?

I say the us govt cleans out area 51 so by the time the raideds arrive theres nothing there and no one gets hurt. Smart right?

So your solution is to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to clear out and relocate an entire military base because a bunch of mentally flaccid yuppies took a Facebook joke seriously?

Seems like a very stupid reason to risk your life lol. Also everyone knows about Area 51, its not much of a secret military base. I would imagine the US Military has secret bases we will never ever know about and thats where the good stuff is hiding :cool:

So your solution is to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to clear out and relocate an entire military base because a bunch of mentally flaccid yuppies took a Facebook joke seriously?
I believe Alex is talking about my "What if"-scenario. I'm not sure what's less expensive. Moving your most important assets (aliens, time machine, etc) to another base or using a good amount weapons to prevent 1 million from raiding.

Of course.

I believe Alex is talking about my "What if"-scenario. I'm not sure what's less expensive. Moving your most important assets (aliens, time machine, etc) to another base or using a good amount weapons to prevent 1 million from raiding.

Well, the MOAB costs about 170k to make, so much much less to just obliterate them all. If you want to use conventional weaponry, the average public price of a .556 NATO round is $0.18. So lets assume they use up 5 million bullets, thats still less than a million dollars in ammo costs. Even counting in the cost of labor (soliders) and fuel for tanks/hummers/jets/helo's, were still talking under 5 million dollars tops.

But just imagine all 1.5 million people would try to raid the base. What do you think would happen?

It's not that hard to justify killing hundreds of attackers, but over one million?
Z, Area 51 is located in a remote desert. The military can see any vehicles approaching for many miles, and an invasion could not come as a surprise. The base is protected with aircraft, and could easily destroy an army of invaders. If 1.5 million did attempt a raid, then I believe the military would indeed neutralize all threats

Back
Top Bottom