Dev Stuff - What I'm working on

Define "work". Is this the total number of time it takes the flash code to execute a certain process?
Work is the amount of code it has run, measured by the difference between the total amount of alloted time for a single frame and the amount of time flash player spent waiting for the next frame to come.

Each bar represents the summed amount of time flash player was doing stuff as a result of our code during a frame vs the total amount of time alloted for the frame (red line)

Alex, I have also noticed problems were I appear to get shot yet take no damage. Or when I knife someone else, hear the sound of my knife hitting them, and they take no damage. Is this just a latency difference?

Yeah that happens for some reason, it's a coding error. It's unrelated to these updates though.

Work is the amount of code it has run, measured by the difference between the total amount of alloted time for a single frame and the amount of time flash player spent waiting for the next frame to come.

Each bar represents the summed amount of time flash player was doing stuff as a result of our code during a frame vs the total amount of time alloted for the frame (red line)

Yeah that happens for some reason, it's a coding error.
I see. You optimized it. Well done.

o.o

1549478069224.png

This is what I'm getting from the live game now, pretty sure I was doing the same thing as the very first screenshot if not more (moving around alone and shooting) I hope anyone that was experiencing spikes and choppiness in game play notices as big a difference as the screenshot is reporting!

Back
Top Bottom