Implemented Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dx

Pawn Credits
Maybe add a hyperlink at the top next to Forum > Members > Whats New > Discord
That way those that join the site through other means have ease of access to our discord channel.

Also
On discord shouldn't we have different permissions and responsibilities in the channel?
Right now everyone is kind've grouped together in the same pool with just a color to separate them.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why give the illusion that someone is more important than you in the community? You are all equally important, therefore a floating name is not necessary in the chat server.

I'm sure the discord will be adjusted later on when the site is complete and released :p

However, right now it is technically SandboxD discord.

I also like the idea of it being linked on the site :)

Reactions: Dx
Why give the illusion that someone is more important than you in the community? You are all equally important, therefore a floating name is not necessary in the chat server.

I think you misinterpreted the point of my suggestion. If a new user were to join pawn, and then our Discord Channel wouldn't it be beneficial for them to see exactly who is responsible for what? If they have a question it is not convienent for them to click on 100 different names to find the person that can help them. We all have different jobs and responsibilities. A forum mod will not be able to help someone with a graphics question and vice versa.

Last edited:
I agree with Dx here. When I first joined the Discord I thought the same thing as well. The Discord is the main source of communication for Pawn and as time goes by it will continue to grow a lot. We're going to have hundreds of members actively using the Discord. So it's only right for them to know who to go to when asking for help, especially with some of the Staff not having their Discord Username the same as their Pawn Username.

Edit: I also support having the Discord linked on the site. Great idea and something that needs to happen.

In a way, Discord could be like what IRC was to the old site. A separate chat for players from both games to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom