Dug up my archive

Pawn Credits
This is the stuff that I was working on before I quit. Hopefully some of it can be of benefit to the new site.

2T CTF with 3 flags: The third is a neutral flag that can be stolen and capped by both teams. The addition of a neutral flag reduces the advantages of camping. Most of the elements on this map were made to promote offensive play. And yea, tile errors. I know.
7vfEnWp.jpg

2T KOTH without close combat: I made this at a time where I felt guard was really underused. Here, it would be impossible to play without
Rfz5lI8.png

2T FF TDM: This is probably going to be a niche category of maps, kinda like SRV. I have no idea as to how fun this actually will be, but I feel the idea is worth testing out
IT5hwP2.png

Assault collab with HBB: I didn't feel like The Keep was working out so I wanted another AS for smaller teams. This really favors red team, so I'm thinking 5 mins max? Oh and "collab with HBB" essentially means that he made the map and then I added few boxes afterwards
SMPspUH.jpg

Conquest CW edit: This is just a passion project of mine. Conquest was pretty much where PT started for me, so I wanted to see it on CW servers. Turns out it's not possible for red team to win when you have a blue team that has unlocked support class, so I made changes to make it easier for red
bnwKKUD.png

The first three maps are all(to my knowledge) unique in their concepts. I am not the most skilled map maker, hence why the purpose of my post is mostly to inspire the better map makers around here, in hopes that they will take these concepts and produce some maps that would be worthy of servering. With that said, I would of course still like to have your feedback. Brutal honesty is not only welcome, but appreciated

Last edited:
Not so sure about the Assault since I can’t really judge it without a clean version. But I love everything else here. I love the CTF, and I especially love the KotH. And I think the Team FF would be something nice to try out.

I can't really view any of them. You should use the Imgur direct link instead of the Imgur share link :p

Reactions: 7
I can't really view any of them. You should use the Imgur direct link instead of the Imgur share link :p
Lul how does one tell the difference? Is it because you're only seeing the white borders? Cos I think thats an issue with the spoiler tags, but you can still see the image by clicking on it and opening it in imgur. I tried removing the spoiler tags. Tell me if that works

Lul how does one tell the difference? Is it because you're only seeing the white borders? Cos I think thats an issue with the spoiler tags, but you can still see the image by clicking on it and opening it in imgur. I tried removing the spoiler tags. Tell me if that works

Edited the first image in your post to show you the difference. Btw you dont even need to upload to Imgur. You can just drag an image into the text box and put [Spoiler.] [/Spoiler] (minus the period) around it :p

If you edit your own post you shall see how i did it :D

Last edited:
If the bonus flag map really works like that, I want a map like this servered immediately. Theoretically you could add bonus flags belonging to up to 4 different unoccupied teams and on top of that, you could have multiple flags for any given team to further the depth. Can we agree on the name of this spinoff mode to be called [FR] Flag Rush?

I had Alex confirm it last week and he said that having flags by unoccupied teams would work on the same principle as 1v1 FF's do. If this really is possible, then yea the potential would really be limitless; you can on one hand revamp CTF maps and on the other create entirely new game modes. What were you picturing when you say flag rush? I originally had something along these lines in mind:
flag rush.png

Edit: I do not know if having multiple flags for one single team possible though

Last edited:
I had Alex confirm it last week and he said that having flags by unoccupied teams would work on the same principle as 1v1 FF's do. If this really is possible, then yea the potential would really be limitless; you can on one hand revamp CTF maps and on the other create entirely new game modes. What were you picturing when you say flag rush? I originally had something along these lines in mind:
View attachment 163

Edit: I do not know if having multiple flags for one single team possible though
They have to try to cap that flag at the end without getting killed? xD

Gold Rush, Flag Rush. Doesn't necessarily need to be a separated combat map.
I don't think it necessarily has to be seperated either. I just didn't have the ability to envision how we would make such a map if it's unseperated. Specifically how we would keep red and blue team from only stealing eachothers flags and providing incentive for them to go afte rthe neutrals. My only alternative was to have each team spawn on either end with their own flags and just place 4 neutrals in the middle, but even that was probably too hard a map for me to make. I'm really curious as to what you had in mind

They have to try to cap that flag at the end without getting killed? xD
That is the general idea, yes, but the variations you can make are endless.. Like having both teams spawn middle alongside their own flag and a neutral flag on both ends of the map(2 neutral flags per team), making it ETF where you spawn with neutral flag, etc
While you're here, can you tell us whether having a map with more than 1 flag from the same team is doable? For example a red and blue team with 2 red and blue flags?

I don't think it necessarily has to be seperated either. I just didn't have the ability to envision how we would make such a map if it's unseperated. Specifically how we would keep red and blue team from only stealing eachothers flags and providing incentive for them to go afte rthe neutrals. My only alternative was to have each team spawn on either end with their own flags and just place 4 neutrals in the middle, but even that was probably too hard a map for me to make. I'm really curious as to what you had in mind

That is the general idea, yes, but the variations you can make are endless.. Like having both teams spawn middle alongside their own flag and a neutral flag on both ends of the map(2 neutral flags per team), making it ETF where you spawn with neutral flag, etc
While you're here, can you tell us whether having a map with more than 1 flag from the same team is doable? For example a red and blue team with 2 red and blue flags?
It can be a normal CTF map, but with the neutral flags in the middle. The neutral flags would actually be the most capturable, because then you can just go back to your base with little opposition. The way to balance this would be to make the middle the most defendable part of the map, rather than where each occupied team's flag is. As for having multiple flags for one team, the way it works is that only one flag can be taken from a team at a time, but there are multiple places to take that team's flag. So with all this considered, I was thinking that the ideal balance for a Flag Rush map would be that the hardest flags to capture, which are Red and Blue, would be the teams that have multiple flags, while the neutral flags only have 1 flag per unoccupied team color.

It can be a normal CTF map, but with the neutral flags in the middle. The neutral flags would actually be the most capturable, because then you can just go back to your base with little opposition. The way to balance this would be to make the middle the most defendable part of the map, rather than where each occupied team's flag is. As for having multiple flags for one team, the way it works is that only one flag can be taken from a team at a time, but there are multiple places to take that team's flag. So with all this considered, I was thinking that the ideal balance for a Flag Rush map would be that the hardest flags to capture, which are Red and Blue, would be the teams that have multiple flags, while the neutral flags only have 1 flag per unoccupied team color.
I think we should keep the ideas of neutral flags and additional red/blue flags seperate for now, seeing as adding neutral flags has already been confirmed doable and ready for server, while adding red/blue flags still is purely hypothetical. With that said, I think I get what you mean regarding the neutral flags. I agree with having the middle as the most defendable part of the map, to the point where there is little benefit for any team to cross over to the opponents side of the map when provided the opportunity(entire enemy team dead, for example), seeing as you can just as easily cap one of the four neutral flags instead. Tbh, this is kinda what I tried to create with my 3 flag CTF, a neutral flag, surrounded by very campable middle area. The only the exception is the trenches that allows direct and safe passage to the opponents flag, which is primarily a CTF element, but could perhaps also be a part of flag rush, as a way to diverge from the otherwise rather linear game play? This would be quite optional, I suppose. Either way, this is exciting stuff and I hope you will have time to give it a go

FLAG TDM LIT. Looks nice good work friend

Server the flag fight TDM. Doesn't hurt to try something new

I really like the prospect of a two team, three (or more, perhaps) flag CTF map; just looking at yours' has me musing about potential strategies. I'd like to see more maps with various, unique elements like that implemented. Great stuff, Ganio.

Thank you for your contribution, Mr. Knopf. Would you like your payment by cash or credit?

Back
Top Bottom