Open Infection game mode

Pawn Credits
Add ‘Infected’ to PT.

Structure:
Blue team = Survivors/Humans
Red team = Infected/Zombies

As red team, kill a blue to ‘infect’ them. Upon respawn they will be on the Red team. Blue team has to kill and survive until the timer runs out. If all of blue is infected regardless at what point, then red wins. If blue team survives all of the round, they win.

If blue, you’re an Assault with all utility except nades, reduced to one frag only.

If red, you’re a Recon with no guns, knife only, uncloaked, but with 1.25x speed(can always balance speed out if needed)

You either survive the entire round as blue to win as a survivor or you infect all of blue team to win as a zombie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You didn't explain how infection works.

in Zed you only died,

plus games like CoD and Halo have infected game modes and those are really popular.

Not really because I’m modeling it off successful infection game mode structures(CoD and Halo).

now that i think of it, a cloak would not be too harsh against Blue team. Nevertheless, my proposed structure, while unconventional in PT standards, is in my opinion suitable for the gamemode

shouldnt the recons have super slow speed but super high hp, they are living dead after all.

shouldnt the recons have super slow speed but super high hp, they are living dead after all.
Nope. The game mode would not be fun that way. Making it realistic is not the way to go. If you look at the success of the infection modes in Halo and CoD, you’ll see that the fun comes from trying to defend yourself from a really fast opponent as blue
And the adrenaline rush that comes from trying to infect a stronger but slower opponent as red

I think adding fog of war to this would also be good since this is top down vs cod is fps.

Back
Top Bottom