[Large CTF] Ditch Side Remastered

Pawn Credits
61HGkGp.png

Hey guys, so I took my previous Ditch Side map and made quite a few modifications. I opened the map up quite a bit, decided to go against the asymmetrical paths and instead have the two halfs mirror each other. I opened up the middle and tried to keep the idea of an "attacking" and a "defending" path in mind. So now the goal of the map I was aiming for is that each time will try to push clockwise around the map since that is the side they have the advantage on in terms of positioning and high ground. It will be important for a team to utilize their base to stop a pushing team from crushing them with superior high ground in the wrong spot. When taking the flag you have two options, retreat the way you came (which is the longest path), or push through to the middle. The middle is a quite quicker option if your team is feeling aggressive or ahead, but is actually meant instead to be a route for the opposing team to try and catch up. They can also push through their attacking side and try to set up positioning in the enemy base before the flag carrier comes in.

Would love to hear your guys thoughts. Do you think this is a better direction for the map? Would you like to see me try to keep it more true to the original style of the map? Thanks!

Click on Me

1. Umm... Both the middle and side paths seem to have about the same distance.
2. It's difficult to push clockwise around the map when the spawns are so spread out. Take blue team for example. Ideally, players will move west. However, if they spawn on the right side, they will move north. This map requires players to stay as a team, but this cannot be accomplished if some spawn on the left and others spawn on the right. I suggest taking out all the spawns to the right of the tank and vice versa for red team.
3. The two ditches on the left and right are kind of useless because avoiding them will be safer and take less stamina. If you intended to make it dangerous for the flag carrier, perhaps you can expand them so they cannot be avoided.

Other than these, the map is great!
If you want to bring back the feeling of the original version, make half of the map green / brown and the other half red / white.

Last edited:
I like the direction you took with this a lot more. I personally don't like using the tiles that haven't been added to the game yet because I think it's important to make maps with the goal of being severed, and I don't think those tiles will be added too soon. I agree with MoMo's point about the spawns being too spread out, gives me trouble thinking about how the map would be played because I'm focused too much on the RNG. I like where this is going in the sense of the map having a defined trade-off between offensive play and defensive play.

seems like it would be a fun map 2 play in clan wars. server!!

I like the direction you took with this a lot more. I personally don't like using the tiles that haven't been added to the game yet because I think it's important to make maps with the goal of being severed, and I don't think those tiles will be added too soon. I agree with MoMo's point about the spawns being too spread out, gives me trouble thinking about how the map would be played because I'm focused too much on the RNG. I like where this is going in the sense of the map having a defined trade-off between offensive play and defensive play.
I'm not sure what tiles you're referring to?

i cant find anything about this to criticize, constructive or otherwise. thats a first i think lul
if this isnt a good map then i dont even know..
gj ripit

Back
Top Bottom