Mosque shootings in New Zealand

Bring back torture. Get him so close to death he begs for it, then heal him, then do it all over again. I volunteer to take the first shift.

Bring back torture. Get him so close to death he begs for it, then heal him, then do it all over again. I volunteer to take the first shift.

I don't even think that would be enough, He and the 2 other people who were involved admitted to having this planned for awhile, and the shooting was only the start, if they didn't get caught as quick as they did, the bombs they had in their cars would of done catastrophic damage to god knows what or who. There's no way he or the others would beg to die, they knew what they were doing and even videoed the entire thing. You have to be seriously twisted and screwed in the head to even go through with something like this in broad daylight and kill that many innocent people, children included and not have any remorse whatsoever. It's disgusting.

It's a perfectly valid topic for the general discussion forum.

If anyone is uncomfortable with this conversation being a part of their Pawn Tactics experience, that's also valid. They're free to not read the thread.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware this was the first attack of this sort where the whole thing was filmed for the world to see. The truck attack from 2016 in Nice, France had a death toll of something over eighty. But that one didn't have a camera livestreaming all the gruesome details of everyone screaming and dying up close. This is unprecedented, and I think will have a unique effect on the world, because the world is really seeing all of it.

I regret that some of the responses to this attack in all our countries will be to curtail people's various rights. But I also wish that, just this once, we could all take a break from the usual routine of using tragedies as a rhetorical cudgel against eachother. More and more, whenever something awful happens, people automatically use it to suppress political dissent for whatever issues they want.

"If you don't support stronger border security, every crime committed by an illegal immigrant is your fault."
"If you don't support gun control, every gun death is your fault."
"If you criticize Quranic scripture, every hate crime against a muslim is your fault."
"If you criticize Israel, anti-semitic hate crimes are your fault."

I've already seen accusations of implicit responsibility for this attack pointed at Sam Harris, Maajid Nawaz, the NRA, Richard Dawkins, Donald Trump, ex-muslim apostates, democrats who criticized Ilhan Omar, and on and on and on and on...

No shots to crim but, I find it funny to the some that accuse Breeze for padding posts. Crim is another that posts a lot, no one is calling him out? Don't correlate the irrelevant posts with post count. Breeze said he's not doing this to pad post, that's to your opinion whether you believe him or not. And at that point some of you are just judging him for what he posts. He posts a lot on discord and actively recruits people to get on PT, he's just that type of person, and the only person by far doing this. But yeah, I guess he's padding on discord too.

posting about a list of horrific things that happened and then asking thoughts as if someone is retarded enough to say that anyone ever murdered for practicing their religion deserved it.
True I do mostly agree. But so as long as we're allowed to this, it's not Breeze' fault. The admins made these rules.

@FootNinja Aside from the recent shootings, how is it like in New Zealand?

E: I recently found out, the first person that was shot was a 71 yr old Afghan refugee, who escaped death in his own country. He's the same person that said "welcome brother". Just relating the fact to those who didn't know.

Last edited:
Its so sad and crazy that this guy did what he did. Everyone's fine in Nz living life and this idiot just goes on a killing spree because of his twisted views. What worse is that his 4chan friends were egging him on while this was going on and are encouraging their 4chan group to target France next.

Yes because islamophobia exists in the western world.

When u say that people are celebrating/congradulating the shooter, they are the minority. Most people with a brain will realize a difference between innocent people praying and an actual threat. Those people who are congratulating are in the minority.

People will always hate other people based on race or religion and it will be impossible to get rid of that. I guarentee if the case was changed to anything, there will be some small group that will see it as positive.

You do pad posts you post everyday some small irrelevant bs that makes no sense and no one cares about. I’m just the first one to call it out. While calling you out on padding posts on this topic specifically is a pretty :censored: move by me, you do pad posts.

I don’t care if you know about my past and honestly I don’t want you to know about me as you pester people constantly on PT. I just personally don’t think we should be talking about this on the forums. This is an opinion and people can disagree with this. Idc

As for the disrespectful part, that comes from me seeing this as a way to pad posts. If that wasn’t ur intention (which to me it was) then I’ll take that back and say i’m sorry
dude ur beggin for attention lmfao please stop vague thx

I regret that some of the responses to this attack in all our countries will be to curtail people's various rights. But I also wish that, just this once, we could all take a break from the usual routine of using tragedies as a rhetorical cudgel against eachother. More and more, whenever something awful happens, people automatically use it to suppress political dissent for whatever issues they want.

I've had some time to this about this more in depth

In my opinion, I think actions like this should make people rethink positions that alienate or marginalize other groups of people. Actions like this should be followed up with policies that make it impossible for things like this to happen, rather than say "Yea that was terrible, let's pray for the victims." Success stories of mediation between two groups, politically or ethnically, have always been through policy, not wishful thinking. Take Cyprus for example, where Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots were in a ethnic/religious civil war for decades. Only after policy allowing for more trust between groups did the violence wane, and Cyprus is nowhere near as bad as it was previously in the 1970s/80s/90s. Another example is Australia, where after a mass shooting that killed 35 people, the Australian government called for a complete ban on firearms (to a very unhappy public, I should add), and there hasn't been a mass shooting since.

I do agree however, that political and social opinions by the majority of people do not reflect the actions perpetrated by terrorists of all kinds. That said, I also believe that politically and socially there is apathy towards actually remedying the problems that lead to these actions. Lack of religious tolerance and education about multiculturalism causes foreign and domestic terrorism alike, with the latter being the more dangerous statistically. Lack of policing on groups that foster hate towards others brings forth monsters that would do such heinous things. At the very least there should be political discussion on these matters, rather than dismissing them.

I've had some time to this about this more in depth

In my opinion, I think actions like this should make people rethink positions that alienate or marginalize other groups of people. Actions like this should be followed up with policies that make it impossible for things like this to happen, rather than say "Yea that was terrible, let's pray for the victims." Success stories of mediation between two groups, politically or ethnically, have always been through policy, not wishful thinking. Take Cyprus for example, where Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots were in a ethnic/religious civil war for decades. Only after policy allowing for more trust between groups did the violence wane, and Cyprus is nowhere near as bad as it was previously in the 1970s/80s/90s. Another example is Australia, where after a mass shooting that killed 35 people, the Australian government called for a complete ban on firearms (to a very unhappy public, I should add), and there hasn't been a mass shooting since.

I do agree however, that political and social opinions by the majority of people do not reflect the actions perpetrated by terrorists of all kinds. That said, I also believe that politically and socially there is apathy towards actually remedying the problems that lead to these actions. Lack of religious tolerance and education about multiculturalism causes foreign and domestic terrorism alike, with the latter being the more dangerous statistically. Lack of policing on groups that foster hate towards others brings forth monsters that would do such heinous things. At the very least there should be political discussion on these matters, rather than dismissing them.

It's not just about gun rights. They've also been prosecuting people for possessing the manifesto and video, among other things. Not just the government, but as a society in general, it's like they read his manifesto and saw all the things he explicitly said he wanted to provoke them into doing, and said "Yes sir, coming right up."

I was shocked when I first heard the news. I watch a lot of New Zealand rugby and it's saddening this violence occurred in such a peaceful nation

Back
Top Bottom