Overpopulation Issue

Pawn Credits
The Earth and its beings have suffered greatly at the hands of humans. Humans have been rapidly developing technology which has both enhanced and harmed the lives of humans. It seems at some point, some course of action must be done to preserve the Earth and create an organized structure for the future of Earth and its inhabitants. Extermination is wrong, and moving to another planet is costly and realistically un-doable. Obviously I have no control over the matter, but I still think it's important to consider given dramatic climate and environmental changes.

Why is it realistically un-doable to move to another planet? Ya sure moving the population of Earth entirely is impractical, but with how rapidly we advance our technology it won't be long until we can colonize the moon, Mars even. They have tons of resources waiting to be mined! Terraforming them completely will take a very very long time, but with assistance from technology, they can definitely be livable.

keep electing retards as leaders and the issue will be resolved

sadly those that would be dying are also those that shouldnt have to shoulder the burden

Deleted Comment

Don’t forget the internet is a permanent place. :laugh: :cry: Hoping the 80 bots that stay connected to our forums didn’t permie it for you yet.

prob not, damage is irreversible

expensive, plus mars and the moon are very small compared to Earth, however I assume you're trollin

Al Gore 4 prez

Saying it's expensive is a pretty weak argument lol. Once upon a time people thought having a man on the moon was impossible and expensive, yet here we are.

Ya cuz humans have visited Mars, and you speak of building sustainable colonies. Ridiculous, but again, I think you troll

Really not sure how I am trolling im just answering your question lol.

Im not saying we have the ability to colonize Mars or the moon next fricken week, but you show an iPhone to someone who lived 200 years ago and they would crap their pants thinking you sold your soul to Satan to obtain such a device so in my opinion it's a bit ignorant to think that 200 years from now with a looming of overpopulation crisis that humans can at the very least minisculey colonize the moon or Mars for it's resources, let alone for the terrain in general.

How do you suppose sustainable colonies can be built on Mars if man hasn't even been on Mars yet?

How do you suppose we cure cancer? I don't fricken know dude lol that doesn't mean I think it can't be done.

Last edited:
that doesn't mean I think
Relocating people to the moon and mars cannot solve a growth issue. Even if migration was feasible, then in time the earth, moon, and mars would become overpopulated. What would then be the solution? A man has not even visited Mars yet, although a mission to do so is in progress. Creating a sustainable colony on these celestial bodies is enormously expensive, yet there are cheaper options.

In total, your point doesn't work because in the past, people predicted that present day travel would be air cars. Although some people use paramotors in their leisure, the majority of people commute by vehicles. You have no factual evidence for inhabiting the moon or mars

edit: after re-reading your post I see your perspective. I think my frustration lies that these processes will take a long time, meanwhile there's real world issues on Earth that are being ignored. Why care of a distant planet that will always remain intact, while glaciers are melting, oceans are being polluted, and people are living in complete filth in some areas of the world? That's a far more pressing issue than worrying about something that is extremely expensive to study/visit

Relocating people to the moon and mars cannot solve a growth issue. Even if migration was feasible, then in time the earth, moon, and mars would become overpopulated. What would then be the solution? A man has not even visited Mars yet, although a mission to do so is in progress. Creating a sustainable colony on these celestial bodies is enormously expensive, yet there are cheaper options.

In total, your point doesn't work because in the past, people predicted that present day travel would be air cars. Although some people use paramotors in their leisure, the majority of people commute by vehicles. You have no factual evidence for inhabiting the moon or mars

Obviously there isn't factual evidence of inhabiting Mars because it hasn't happened yet lol duh. There's plenty of evidence supporting the possibility however. But yes I agree with you on some level that it is an impractical solution, I was simply rebutting the point you made of it's impossibility.

Taking that off the table, what is the better solution? A one kid system as China has done? I think a more practical solution is education. Educating people of the impractically and unsustainability of having many many children and teaching more responsible and safe sex. Stop incentivizing people to have more kids with government handouts!!

impossibility.
I never said it was impossible, I said
moving to another planet is costly and realistically un-doable.
I have read that creating sustainable colonies on Mars is extremely expensive. Many people are living in poverty on Earth, and migrating people to another planet is costly and cannot be done. There are no resources to support this idea. It financially cannot be done. It would cost trillions, and people on Earth struggle to survive. Realistically un-doable

I'll grant you that you didn't say impossible, it does appear that I put that word in your mouth, but as you defend the fact you didn't claim it was impossible you contradict yourself:
migrating people to another planet is costly and cannot be done. There are no resources to support this idea. It financially cannot be done.
"Cannot be done" is synonymous with impossible. But on that note im just getting caught up in semantics.

Like I said, I don't even believe that colonization of another planet is our first move. I think education is much more important to solving this issue. Like you touched on poverty is a real big issue and people who are in poverty for the most part tend to lack education. Not a judgement just saying a fact. People who live in poverty-stricken areas tend to have more children due to lack of career opportunities, no access to birth control, free government handouts, and the understanding of the existential threat overpopulation is to the human species. What are your thoughts on the idea of education in this area would help stabilize the population number? Do you think it's useless and people who want a bunch of kids will have them anyway?

"Cannot be done"
It can't be done. It would cost an enormous amount of resources to build a sustainable environment and send people to live on Mars (trillions of dollars).

Humans seek to survive, and there are people in Africa literally eating dirt. Once a human life is created it will do everything it can to survive. As resources are sparse, many people live in terrible conditions and compete to live. This competition irreversibly pollutes the environment. A common example is over hunting to make a quick buck, which leads to extinction of a species. Or a chemical company seeking to make profits, then dumping waste in a river. That is the way of life, and a high population causes conditions on Earth to become worse.
"For a few cents a day you can help an African child," people around the world are starving, and resources aren't spared to fix global hunger. If a few cents cannot be spared, then how can trillions be spent to just "send people to Mars"? The solution must occur on Earth

Since you directly asked me - the issue is agriculture. People in North Korea are starving because its difficult to grow food in mountains. People in Namibia are starving because it's difficult to grow food in the desert. But humans will do anything to survive, and will eat grass if they have to. I dont really think there is a solution for me, a normal citizen. I think if what I say is true, then some nation or force will ultimately take control over all people and actions. Technology is increasingly improving, and technological advancement gradually gives people more control over life. Drones, robots, AI... but I think all of this would occur well beyond my lifetime

Back
Top Bottom