Pawn Tactics Commercial

Damn right, PT’s where it’s at. now we need to brainstorm spots where we can place videos like these for people to see. Such as on eachothers social media.

if srs proposal:
this is a great initiative dx. it probably is stuff like this we need if we wish to promote this game. thoughts for potential improvement:
  • you have alot of footage of you alone, which does little to support your claim of thousands of players. im sure we would all be willing to participate if you were to call for a day where we all showed up to play, just so you can get some footage with more people
  • music choice: dubstep is a niche genre of music that only appeals to a select group of people. perhaps something more mainstream to avoid risk of alienating ppl?
  • font choice: the current font choice is not very.. dramatic. maybe something a bit more square to draw parallel to the font of the PT logo?
if troll:
lmao leg trash

^ I agree with the footage part. Gotta show some game play with those 8 classes and in different maps. Not the classes running around the same three maps. Overall tho, decent job Dx.

idk, seeing them run around the same maps alone and then later a sneak peak of team play makes me CRAVE TO WANT MORE! at which point I would register and see for myself!

While showing other maps, also show the different game modes PT offers, especially the most popular one, CTF.

How long do you guys expect a commercial/ad to run? Youtube ads are usually 15-30 seconds. Facebook ads are 15secs-1min.

You show game play of every class, of every game mode, with every player, were going to have a 30 minute commerical. @Sky @Ganio it will be hard to find a company that will let us run that long of an ad, plus we are going to have to come up with the cash to pay for a 30 minute youtube ad.

Ads give you a sneak peak of the services offered, or product being sold. They arent supposed to give you an in depth analysis.

Edit: ive edited this like 16 times now to try to not sound like an ass hole. But I cant imagine showing every game mode and how it works, while showing every class and its characteristics, while also showing every map it takes like 00:30-1:00 to even run the entirety of some of these maps. I do however agree with @Ganio that maybe during the "thousands of players online" it could be a clip with a bunch of us in layers.

Last edited:
i have no wish of this being a 30 min ad. i agree with ads purely being a sneak peak and should be as short as possible. if anything, the current video is already too long. my suggestion of more people also applied to showing off the classes, as this is something that can be done faster by displaying more than one class at a time. for example you can have shots showing:
  • recon knifing an assault nading someone on elevation: shows recons invisibility
  • in trenches, a guard moving to zone 2 with enemy team shooting from behind that bottom left corner. have enemy team consist of a med and another class. for example hev. also, make sure hev is damaged so you can see med healing aura in action at the same time: shows the primary function of the guard and healing ability of med
  • a commander slow a mauler through a box/wall and the mauler then shooting the wall and hitting the comm: shows comm aura and splash damage ability of maulers
these are examples of ways we can show off the classes and every one of their unique abilities by displaying them in action through actual gameplay, instead of having them shooting air. imo, this is both more informative and realistic. with that said, i very much do acknowledge the amount of hustle loyalty and respect youve shown by dedicating yourself to this. i cannot speak for sky, but my bluntless partly stems from the fact that i think a video ad is crucial towards promoting our game and creating this is hence burden that should befall the entire community, rather than you alone, so in a way i feel just as responsible for this as you do

How long do you guys expect a commercial/ad to run? Youtube ads are usually 15-30 seconds. Facebook ads are 15secs-1min.

You show game play of every class, of every game mode, with every player, were going to have a 30 minute commerical. @Sky @Ganio it will be hard to find a company that will let us run that long of an ad, plus we are going to have to come up with the cash to pay for a 30 minute youtube ad.

Ads give you a sneak peak of the services offered, or product being sold. They arent supposed to give you an in depth analysis.

Edit: ive edited this like 16 times now to try to not sound like an ass hole. But I cant imagine showing every game mode and how it works, while showing every class and its characteristics, while also showing every map it takes like 00:30-1:00 to even run the entirety of some of these maps. I do however agree with @Ganio that maybe during the "thousands of players online" it could be a clip with a bunch of us in layers.

One method is have 8 boxes showing a clip of each class being played at the same time. Since screens are naturally wider than tall , 2 rows of 4 clips stacked together. Could split it up with two parts of 4 clips at a time. It'll drastically reduce the amount of time the commercial runs while show casing the same amount of content.

my suggestion of more people also applied to showing off the classes, as this is something that can be done faster by displaying more than one class at a time
Exactly.

We should do an 8v8 cw and put it in the vid

There was 3 players in game too lol
Yes, it'd be cool to show many players at once (not the same 3 players lol). And I'd rather show the different game zones and maps for 20 - 40 seconds.
No need to focus on the different classes (we should still use different classes tho instead of everyone using Recon and Assault).

Each commercial would need to be no longer than 30 seconds. It would take a group of people coordinating to get the proper footage needed. Also someone with really good editing skills.

This is a great start though. Good work Dx. (y)

This is all good stuff guys, ill take what I have made so far, and the suggestions made above and make another one with a duration of 30 seconds. Hopefully later today or tomorrow I will have another ready for critiquing.

Reactions: Sky
Let's play a variety of maps today. Dx should record each and take clips from each map.

I recommend using this song as background music. It flows with gameplay imo.

Back
Top Bottom