Open PG GUIs

Pawn Credits
PG is quite an old game, so what if the GUIs were redone to give it some more pizazz? I’m sure GFX team would fine it quite easy. I know some might want to keep the current ones for nostalgia, but we don’t have to completely change them, we can just brush up on them to make the GUIs aesthetically pleasing.

Upvote 0
I like this idea and would love to spice up the Pawn GUI; but I wouldn't want to make changes like this unless everyone's on board. A lot of people like the nostalgic look of Pawn as it is.

I like this idea and would love to spice up the Pawn GUI; but I wouldn't want to make changes like this unless everyone's on board. A lot of people like the nostalgic look of Pawn as it is.
I didn't mean that we should completely change PG's look, just you know, quality brushing, small changes here and there, maybe some font changes, color schemes etc.

Make it look fresh and cool with the nostalgic look.

I like them the way they are 😍 idk if there’s much to change it’s just a soldier wearing a helmet

By GUIs I meant the log in screen, the lobby, leaderboards, fonts, colors, etc.

Just a little brushing on everything to give it a fresh, new, and modern look. It’s not like we’d be completely changing PG, more like enhancing it.

I mean, if we’re going to advertise the game, it has be a little appealing. It can’t be looking like it’s from the Stone Age. And I’m not saying we give it a completely new look, what I’m saying is that we enhance its look

E: I think the same thing can be said for PT as well.

Get the right people to do it then sure why not.

From my experience here no one is capable of designing graphics without it looking like your looking through a microwave 😂

I think FM & AZ actually had a nice new game interface then ditched it.

Last edited:
I say go wild with it
Update everything, so we can get a proper PG 1.5/2.0
I always wanted a larger tileset for map creation, and the last added desert + nightmare tiles are great. Updated backgrounds would be legit as well.

I don't even mind if mazing mechanics are altered at this point. Mazing certainly brings me back to playing the game, but hey, if it's for the greater good, I'm all for change.

What I would really like to see are rapid updates though. I don't really mind bugs, as long as they aren't game breaking to the point of actually not being playable. But minor inconveniences are all good to me. I just want to see progress. Treat PG like a beta testing ground as opposed to releasing an AAA game that's 5 years in development. Is PG even HTML5?

Last edited:
Reactions: BN
fm has a history of incomplete pg projects.

fm, V and neo tried to redesign the game a bit while keeping 90% parity. i still have all those designs that V did.

fm and azami only tried to rewrite the game, keeping 100% parity. meant re-using all the old assets.

my memory is fuzzy though, so i may have made this all up.

---

i say just redesign pieces at a time without worrying about 100% consistency.

i liked the map editor design a bit.
the user interface one was always clunky to me, but it stayed closer to pg's style.

i prefer more minimal and functional designs nowadays. the map editor is closer to that, minus how the tools bar is setup.

Attachments

• MapMaker_ChatOpen.png
    MapMaker_ChatOpen.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
  • UserInterface.png
    UserInterface.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 22
ill send you the folder near. keep in mind it was gonna be a different game, "spiritual" successor to pawn...but different.

(y)

It's too bad you guys didn't finish this project. Would've been so dope. I guess the 4x4 ttt was fine too xD

Back
Top Bottom