[POLL] Commander

Which of the following decisions would you support?

• Remove Commander

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Nerf Commander

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Pawn Credits
Very controversial class, I would like to know your opinions and see your votes.

The slow aura is the controversial part. It ruins the fluidity of a match. A clan will likely not battle another in which there is a Commander player(this is not true all of the time). The class can be used for trolling. While having the class on your team makes the other team try to change their strategies, it gets annoying at times. It’s a bit of a stretch. You can just camp behind walls and make a match slow paced, annoying, or boring when your team decides to even it out with another Commander. I mean, I like the stamina and aim auras, they’re helpful and cool, but if it comes with the slow aura I’d rather not have it.

If the majority of the community or the staff/developer wants to keep it, it should at least be nerfed.

why are u makin this thred lik u wil delete the comander class beb? plz some1 delet thred

I'm really not sure.

Its abilities (especially the one with the slowdown effect) are very useful (and they can be downright annoying).
But the class itself is not that strong (compared to Assault or Lancer). It's more of a support class.

I'm leaning towards keeping the class, because it gives you a variety of different playstyles.
But if you want to nerf it just let it drain stamina when you use his slowdown-ability.

Commander can be annoying for sure, but I do not believe it is OP or needs to be removed.

Many times I think going commander will help my team keep the lead, but it ends up going in the opposite direction. It is not that hard to counter and is not even useful in all maps.

Not removed but it could use some changes. It already has low armor. Maybe let the slow aura be active for a set time?

It's dumb as hell that slow goes through walls, either reduce the radius on the slow or make it not go through concrete walls, only boxes and elevations.

I agree with zen and Legend. I think most people would agree with it too.

It's not the first time it's been suggested.

Maybe Commanders should get points for giving their teammates aim, should be awarded only once. Maybe stamina award system needs to be similar to Support healing system.

And yes, slowing through walls should be removed.

Commanders should get assist-points whenever a teammate kills an enemy while said enemy is under his slow-down-effect.

While we're on it: Guards should receive additional points too. And a buff wouldn't hurt either.

If the slow aura penetrating through the wall is an issue, then you also have to consider:
  • The support class can activate its medical aura through walls.
  • Heavies can melee through walls.
  • Almost every class can use grenades to damage through walls.
? Dat has nothing to do with the commander slow through walls being good for gameplay. Make commander medium armor and take away slow through walls and reduce radius!!

Back
Top Bottom