Open Suggestion: Increase overall movement speed

Pawn Credits
I’m quoting @Knux57 from the PT discord

“yeah, move speed shoudl be increased across the board for sure”

“indie games became succuessful by having fast pasted movement that felt good”

“it should be like 50% faster probably, maybe health values would need to be adjusted to compensate”

“every class moves like a turtle, especially the actual 'slow' classes”

I completely agree with Knux, PT is very slow and it’s a pain in the neck to spend so much time just getting to the combat(if the map isn’t small of course). If you watch PT gameplay on normal speed in YouTube, it gets boring. If you increase even if by 1.25x it’s much better. 1.5x is probably a better choice.

I think this is the best quote - “indie games became succuessful by having fast pasted movement that felt good”

Upvote 1
It's subjective, but PT doesn't feel that slow unless you're using Guard or play on a large map.

And it'd be a massive change to PT. I personally don't mind changes, but not sure how the majority of PT's playerbase feels about this.
But I support your idea - we could try it out for some time then decide if we want to keep it or not).

Initially when Knux said this I agreed but I couldn’t really sympathize with the idea. But over the months I see where he’s coming from and I would love to see movement speed increased.

Think about PG and Stick Arena, they both have high movement speed and that’s part of what makes them fun.

Alex could probably implement game-modes in the future to test changes like this. There could be a new game-mode every month that test new changes to the game that people would be able to test in the main client without needing to use a separate PT game.

Alex could probably implement game-modes in the future to test changes like this. There could be a new game-mode every month that test new changes to the game that people would be able to test in the main client without needing to use a separate PT game.

If I remember correctly there were chosen beta players to test the Test Server.

i mean if you gave everything the same speed, sure.

if there are different levels to speeds, like how it is currently, it'll be the same :censored:

i mean if you gave everything the same speed, sure.

if there are different levels to speeds, like how it is currently, it'll be the same :censored:

Increased overall speed but same speed for every class is what you’re saying.

Sounds good to me, but then a Heavy a will go as fast a Recon...

Also can make the recon vs heavy matchup more fair by letting recons oneshot them with a well placed backstab to compensate for them moving faster.

Also can make the recon vs heavy matchup more fair by letting recons oneshot them with a well placed backstab to compensate for them moving faster.
I watched some video of PT when Scout was still a class, and I think Recons were able to two hit knife a Heavy.

Anyways, I like your idea. Provides more balancing in general anyways.

Once again I still think a beta group for increased speed would be great. Like I said, we’ll never know till we try.

Back
Top Bottom