Suggestion: Mauler K-Bar Knife upgrade in exchange for something

Pawn Credits
Mauler currently has a butter knife. Would you give up 5-10 grenades to replace the butter knife with a K-Bar knife?

Or would you give up one claymore for the K-Bar knife.

Dude wields a freaking grenade launcher, two highly explosive claymores, a submachine gun as a secondary weapon and now you want to upgrade his deadly knife?

Dude wields a freaking grenade launcher, two highly explosive claymores, a submachine gun as a secondary weapon and now you want to upgrade his deadly knife?
And how many Maulers have you seen that are viable threats on the battlefield with that equipment other than Chernobyl and a few others?

Takes skill you know, plus you dragged it.

Nade the clays
Secondary is type weak
Grenade launcher needs skill
Knife is low range

I think you’re forgetting that I wanted to upgrade in exchange for something else to be taken out.

And how many Maulers have you seen that are viable threats on the battlefield with that equipment other than Chernobyl and a few others?
I agree it requires skills to master Mauler. But in the hands of a good player (Chern and Spongebob) it's very strong.

And I also agree its knife is harder to use than other melee weapon, but isn't the Mauler already strong enough? Imo it is, that's why I think it's fine way it is right now.

If there was to be a buff to mauler knife, it should come at the cost of a claymore. Reasoning is that if you want to make mauler good against recons at melee range, take away zone control.

Secondary is type weak

? Mauler secondary is probably the best in the game. It out-classes the primaries on recon, guard, and commander, and gives the class range which it would otherwise lack.

But if you took away 5-10 grenades or a claymore, it would balance things out. I think removing a claymore would balance out the deal.

But if you took away 5-10 grenades or a claymore, it would balance things out. I think removing a claymore would balance out the deal.

Taking 5-10 grenades out of the primary would be unbelievably bad. I would rather give a kidney irl than have that happen, even if it was to buff the knife

Mauler currently has a butter knife. Would you give up 5-10 grenades to replace the butter knife with a K-Bar knife?

Or would you give up one claymore for the K-Bar knife.
Really bad suggestion, it's already hard for maulers to defend themselves against laggy recons (mayb increase range xd). Additionally, I don't think we should think of rebalancing the game as it won't matter with the state/trend of the player base! Let's focus on advertising! Put posters up in your communities!

Really bad suggestion, it's already hard for maulers to defend themselves against laggy recons (mayb increase range xd). Additionally, I don't think we should think of rebalancing the game as it won't matter with the state/trend of the player base! Let's focus on advertising! Put posters up in your communities!
K-Bar knife has more range than its butter knife???

Plus, it's not like suggestions hinder ads...

I would like to point out that it is liger98 who began the tradition of calling it a butter knife in Pawn Tactics.

Honestly no, I would not give up ammo or a claymore for a knife upgrade. The grenades attract me, and the claymores can be tactically placed to control the map. The butter knife is seldom involved in my practical gameplay, and I would be gravely disappointed if mauler had its explosive weaponry reduced. I would forfeit the butter knife for more grenades or clays.

Yea, good point. Why does mauler even have a knife anyway when it is one of the slowest classes in the game and it's primary and tertiary weapon already 1-2 shot most other classes? It feels like it's arbitrarily there.

Honestly no, I would not give up ammo or a claymore for a knife upgrade. The grenades attract me, and the claymores can be tactically placed to control the map. The butter knife is seldom involved in my practical gameplay, and I would be gravely disappointed if mauler had its explosive weaponry reduced. I would forfeit the butter knife for more grenades or clays.
Yea, good point. Why does mauler even have a knife anyway when it is one of the slowest classes in the game and it's primary and tertiary weapon already 1-2 shot most other classes? It feels like it's arbitrarily there.

you guys dont play enough mauler i guess

The K-bar is crucial to prevent you from becoming a log when you're expecting company but can't see it coming. You can't fire a grenade right next to your in close quarter combat; not only would that be suicidal but it's tough to aim it.

Back
Top Bottom