Implemented Suggestion: Theme changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pawn Credits
Not sure if it is even possible on the forums but can it be made where the user can choose the theme of the forums and make a pawn tactics theme, kind of like choosing light and dark theme in discord? Just realized that everything is Pawn game themed and I know it is meant to be like that since it was like that for the old forums, but a bunch of the new players and new incoming players i believe will head to Pawn Tactics so maybe have a Pawn Tactics theme that users can choose to use?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I actually quite like this idea. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though. Crim's still working hard on getting this theme closer to the old pawn forum theme.

I voted Test 3 btw. If you choose anything else you're a scrub.

I actually quite like this idea. I don't think it'll happen any time soon though. Crim's still working hard on getting this theme closer to the old pawn forum theme.

I voted Test 3 btw. If you choose anything else you're a scrub.
Yeah the forum is still in beta and they would have to change the forums color and everything for a theme change so i guess it would be more of a distant future thing then.
Would be nice to have it blueish matching the game color in the alternative theme with the PT symbol on top left instead of the PG one if it could be done. Of course not something needed and more like something of a bonus when nothing important needs to be done

PT logo.png

This is definitely something we can look into but much later. Currently, we are just trying to perfect this current look.

Yeah the forum is still in beta and they would have to change the forums color and everything for a theme change so i guess it would be more of a distant future thing then.
Would be nice to have it blueish matching the game color in the alternative theme with the PT symbol on top left instead of the PG one if it could be done. Of course not something needed and more like something of a bonus when nothing important needs to be done

Just did a quick mock-up through my browser... yeah it would look pretty legit actually https://puu.sh/CrOdI/5a6eac8593.png

We could maybe give users the option to view it as whichever they prefer :p The OG Pawn, or the PT Style.

That actually looks really good. I am actually down to implement that.

Don't even know where I'd start though :ROFLMAO:

Hmu with that dank admin and I'll do it for you!@# jk

Seriously though, not sure how XenForo does the theme stuff, but you should be able to duplicate the current theme and then do the changes like you have been, just on the duplicate instead of the main.

We could maybe give users the option to view it as whichever they prefer :p The OG Pawn, or the PT Style.

Yeah I agree with this. There's probably a setting which, if you have multiple themes, users can just pick whichever they want. Obv. leaving this style as the default.

Hmu with that dank admin and I'll do it for you!@# jk

Seriously though, not sure how XenForo does the theme stuff, but you should be able to duplicate the current theme and then do the changes like you have been, just on the duplicate instead of the main.

Yeah I agree with this. There's probably a setting which, if you have multiple themes, users can just pick whichever they want. Obv. leaving this style as the default.

Haha :p well I can copy everything this current one has and make a new one. I can edit it from there.

The main issue would be getting the exact colors.

Haha :p well I can copy everything this current one has and make a new one. I can edit it from there.

The main issue would be getting the exact colors.

That's true. What I did for that mock-up was colour pick from a screenshot I had taken of the actual PawnTactic's client.

Il try to gather what I can from the colors. If I can gather the Codes, Everything else should be pretty easy.

Here. I complied the list of all the colours I used on that mock-up:

Code:
                                       Links:   #00ffcc
                   Post/Thread Count:   #008d04
                       Site Background:   #000033
                         Section Border:   #0101b1
     Section Header Gradient Top:  #000099
Section Header Gradient Bottom:  #000066
                  Section Background:  #01014b
                       Nav Background:  #000020

That's basically all of the ones you see in that mock-up. If you need anymore colours you can just use the colour picking technique or just choose your own that you think look nice.

Ok so Thanks to @Near this has been completed!

If you go to the bottom left of any page, you still see "Pawn Style".

From there you can change back and forth between PG and PT styles as you like :)

The banner size for PT is not proportional to the PG style.

GuNgJjG.png

Also, minor suggestion, can someone come up with a better fade background similar to PG's banner. Here's my attempt:

8CtsOMu.png

The banner size for PT is not proportional to the PG style.

GuNgJjG.png

Also, minor suggestion, can someone come up with a better fade background similar to PG's banner. Here's my attempt:

8CtsOMu.png

Great ideas @Sky! We like them a lot. We are shrinking the banner for the PT theme to 120px from 140px. While it won't be the exact same size as the Pawn logo, at 73px, it will be less bulky and still be in line with what we're looking for. We also love the idea of bringing in a gradient effect similar to the one on the Pawn theme.

Expect these changes shortly :)

edit: Changes are live!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom