Open Update PT Tiles

Pawn Credits
Many tiles are asymmetrical. Concrete wall tiles are asymmetrical, as they only lay on a right-way or left-way direction (figure 1). I think these tiles should be symmetrical and universal so when a tile is laid, it is neither right nor left. This could also solve the corner tile problem (figure 2). I know it's not hard work for the graphics team. Implementing the tiles is a different story, but the graphics team should work and update all PT tiles.
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.02.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.01.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 1.02.06 PM.png

Upvote 1
Many tiles are asymmetrical. Concrete wall tiles are asymmetrical, as they only lay on a right-way or left-way direction (figure 1). I think these tiles should be symmetrical and universal so when a tile is laid, it is neither right nor left. This could also solve the corner tile problem (figure 2). I know it's not hard work for the graphics team. Implementing the tiles is a different story, but the graphics team should work and update all PT tiles.

Ah, that's odd huh. Is that the same tile rotated?

Would you like to help me by making a list of the tiles needing fixes?

Reactions: 7
Would you like to help me by making a list of the tiles needing fixes?
I thought about this, almost all tiles are asymmetrical - dirt hills, grass hills, red platform, etc. If all were changed, then pt Ayers would need to adjust and idk if that's a good idea

I think the main issue is the corner tiles (the 2 in figure one). All that needs to be done is the creation of a new corner tile that archs the opposite direction

I thought about this, almost all tiles are asymmetrical - dirt hills, grass hills, red platform, etc. If all were changed, then pt Ayers would need to adjust and idk if that's a good idea

I think the main issue is the corner tiles (the 2 in figure one). All that needs to be done is the creation of a new corner tile that archs the opposite direction

That’s fine we can fix it for new maps without affecting old ones.

As in - I should still make a complete list of all asymmetrical tiles?

Anything that has no reason to not be symmetrical like the wall that literally looks symmetrical from a distance. Maybe we'll have a willing artist from the Graphics Team as you said work on them.

And if you could get the picture / tile id for each that would be great, like from here would work:

1559527901365.png

Back
Top Bottom