Implemented Weekly Community Updates

OTGATOR

Forum Moderator
Founding Supporter
Staff Team
Pawn Credits
Let me begin by saying this new administration has done more in the past few weeks than we've seen over the course of 7-9 years. Alex, Crim, Fusious, and Near have all done fantastic jobs to help realize a dream shared by this community for over half a decade by bringing back this site. This thread is not to cause undue stress or point fingers, but more as a suggestion to prevent the issues that caused the community's disillusionment with the previous administration.

My suggestion is to have the community administrators post weekly updates to the community as a whole, providing details as to what is currently happening behind the scenes as it were, and to give us something to look forward to. Instead of giving us a broad statement saying we're gonna revive the games, I suggest the administration give us concrete answers as to what is being done currently, and on a weekly basis. I say this because the previous administration was absolutely terrible at this. Sandboxd was a disaster. When Daniel was brought on board, there was something of a promise to be more proactive in giving the community updates as to what was happening for the administrators. He essentially disappeared and there were no community updates for over a year afterwards (and I have to mention, all of his news posts regarded Everworld, the game that 5 people played, rather than PT which the vast majority of the community for the past decade has played). I would like to mention Alex has done something similar to this with this thread, which I really do like.

In terms of implementation of this, a simple thread or weekly news post to give us insight as to what is happening would be great. I wouldn't expect it to be formal in any way, just something to keep us going.

Discuss

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm pretty sure I'll update something every week, which could be visible as a comment on my most recent update notes post of the time. But I'll definitely let the community know what current big work is being done at the time. I can't promise updates will be delivered as promptly as they have been the past 4 weeks, as I put aside many daily responsibilities to accomplish that level of throughput.

I'm pretty sure I'll update something every week, which could be visible as a comment on my most recent update notes post of the time. But I'll definitely let the community know what current big work is being done at the time. I can't promise updates will be delivered as promptly as they have been the past 4 weeks, as I put aside many daily responsibilities to accomplish that level of throughput.

My suggestion was geared towards the community administration, although it's nice to hear that you'll be doing weekly updates.

I'd also like to expand this to usergroups, perhaps. See what the recruiters and tournament directors are up to. Map Makers already have their own public section so that takes care of itself

I always like having something to look forward to and this will certainly help keep people interested (which is quite necessary imo).

I can definitely do that for PTMMT.
I think for the map making team it's much more important just to be clear about upcoming deadlines and such. If we had a schedule where map makers could know that on X date new maps will be updated to the server, so all submissions that will be up for consideration are due by Y date and the announcement will be on Z date. I think having clear laidout deadlines allows both creators and the community to be informed and excited about new content.

But it could be cool to also just have occasional updates about considering adding some new assault maps so people try and create some more of those, or the team thinks really highly of these three maps currently but not a lot more for an upcoming update or something. Lots of possibilities :)

I believe that weekly updates could end up being, 'Nothing really to update on again this week, still same old stuff as before.'

Instead, I think having a couple usergroups relay updates to Crim, and he updates everyone else. It would be great to have updates from Week 1 be: PT, PTMMT, PT Tournaments, Forums. Then Week 2: PG, PGMMT, PG Tournaments, Social Medias / Advertising.

It would space out things and give people more time to give updates. While still allowing weekly updates for the site as a whole.

I believe that weekly updates could end up being, 'Nothing really to update on again this week, still same old stuff as before.'

Instead, I think having a couple usergroups relay updates to Crim, and he updates everyone else. It would be great to have updates from Week 1 be: PT, PTMMT, PT Tournaments, Forums. Then Week 2: PG, PGMMT, PG Tournaments, Social Medias / Advertising.

It would space out things and give people more time to give updates. While still allowing weekly updates for the site as a whole.

Will take some teamwork, but still very do-able.

Will discuss this and hopefully apply it so that the community knows whats going on in all aspects :)

I like the idea of user groups doing consecutive weekly updates. It would be more of teamwork rather than just pressuring the staff to let the community know what’s going on. Plus, it’d be more organized too.

We will be trying to update as much as possible in the near future. Cannot guarantee it will be every single week.

Although this is an old thread and it was marked as implemented, the goal of regular updates definitely wasn't reached. I'm currently working towards growing our staff team to ensure we always have something happening in the community.

Back
Top Bottom