Open Nerf Lancer (and other rebalance ideas)!

Pawn Credits
I believe that lancer is way too versatile and lacks options to counter its power other than recon. When recon is not really a viable class on certain maps (e.g. Citadel 4vs4 clan war), lancer is simply overpowered. It should be tuned down and a good start might be removing the ability to crit on non-heavy classes (i.e. everything other than heavy and guard).

Side note: I also think that the assault class' nades should be brought down to 3 and 1 for frags and flashes respectively because there is very little downside to picking assault in the vast majority of situations due to the large amount of utility along with a powerful gun and the ability to melee. Furthermore, the flashbang is too powerful for how little skill is required to utilize it. I think that the flash duration should be significantly lowered when it is not thrown near an actual player. This would lead to more skillful usage of the flashbang and not simply allow people to spam it without any consequences for being imprecise.

P.S. is the invisible shot glitch being worked on?

Upvote 0
Reduce movement speed to recon level and remove crits.
Some changes to other classes might be good too like claymore duration or re-working medic healing and commander’s slow.
Edit: Invisible bullet glitch makes lancer even more broken

Although there have been some minor tweaks since the early 2010's, I think it would benefit most people to consult the Pawn Tactics Wiki and realize how low the skill ceiling for this game is. Example

I think HaF's suggestions highlight the two biggest issues for class balance but our player base hasn't had any fresh blood in years, so I think we should revisit this when we get enough exposure to the game we grew up with for newer players.

I think the class buff was unnecessary, 1 hit kill a heavy and guard. Then doing 80-90 damage to medium class while critting. The only real counter is commie or recon, but still with 3 crits it can easily kill either of those classes.

Lancer is fine, nerf maul. The movements on this game are a bit weird as it is very hard to crit as a con. Seems like reactions are faster than usual.

Maul takes more skill to use though and more effective in certain maps though which is why u don't see the maul used by many people once. Lance on the other hand takes little to no skill to use and be effective. In my point of view at least

Maul takes more skill to use though and more effective in certain maps though which is why u don't see the maul used by many people once. Lance on the other hand takes little to no skill to use and be effective. In my point of view at least

I agree that mauler cannot be used in all maps. However, I must disagree that it is a no- skill class. Only a handful of players can effectively play the class. It takes a lot of practice to actually hit your shots. I remember when I first started playing I thought Lancer was useless because I could barely damage my opponent.

I agree that mauler cannot be used in all maps. However, I must disagree that it is a no- skill class. Only a handful of players can effectively play the class. It takes a lot of practice to actually hit your shots. I remember when I first started playing I thought Lancer was useless because I could barely damage my opponent.
You can hit 20% of your shots and be an effective lancer but you really need to make about 75-80% of your shots count as mauler to make the class worth using IMO. This is unless you're simply picking the class for its clays in which case I agree that you should only be able to have 1 clay down at a time but still have 2 clays total per spawn.

nerf recon way too strong. shud remove cloak and replace its knife w some sorta gun (laser) and upgrade its armor class

Back
Top Bottom