[Take The Flag] Ormagardskvedi

OTGATOR

Forum Moderator
Founding Supporter
Staff Team
Pawn Credits
Ganio, Sniper and I were discussing a game mode in which the teams would have to capture a neutral flag. I decided to make a map resembling this idea, so here it is
1549914822381.png
OrmagardskvediCLEAN.png

Obviously since this is a new kind of map, it's gonna be a bit rough and any constructive feedback is most definitely welcome.

Last edited:
dis is anothers momo trash land map or watever it called would only work 4 big tems an wuld be just a camp fest map
am lik the idear but u shud try mak map smaller and fo teams of 3-4 otherwise this is a map dat wont be played for rel

also since it a neutral flag or watever beb if some1 take flag it wud b impossibl for the other tem 2 spawn and chas dem u shud make the spawns for both teams closer 2 flag zon3 for rel

Looks pretty fun :D

If only there was a way to have it all be over 1 flag in the middle and not have the ability for blue/red to also take their own flags

Wow. Just realized.

Well a little bit of coding and it can be done. But we don’t want to break Alex’s back of course.

Looks pretty fun :D

If only there was a way to have it all be over 1 flag in the middle and not have the ability for blue/red to also take their own flags

That's why I have the bases so far away. I also have all traffic routed through the neutral flag, so it would take a lot of things going wrong for the losing team if they were being pushed so far back

You can do that @TheCriminaL by blocking the Red/Blue flags with tiles such as crates etc.

@Chernobyl Looks great but a little empty to the far left and the far right.

wanted to keep it a little open for sprays, so its not just focused on the middle

Ganio and I were talking about how once u get the flag it would be pretty hard to stop them so maybe open up a bit on the concrete to allow spray from the elevation or remove them?
mapupdate.png

also since it a neutral flag or watever beb if some1 take flag it wud b impossibl for the other tem 2 spawn and chas dem u shud make the spawns for both teams closer 2 flag zon3 for rel

this is actually a problem lol. once the neutral flag is stolen, theres is very little counter play. you cant really do anything but wait for them to cap. also, say theres 3 mins left on the clock and youre 1 flag up. id just steal the flag and run to my own spawn without capping. i like the concept of "hiding" as fc, just like in death trap where you would take flag and instead of running back to your own base immediately, you would hide in the corners of the enemy base. however this risks become quite extreme.
tbh i have no good way of fixing this. my options are opening up map a bit more, but i know that goes against what you want fo rthe map. or you add another flag. 1 neutral flag closer towards red, another close towards blue. you make it hard/dangerous for blue to cross over to reds neutral flag and vice versa. that way a team can always have a defensive and offensive option

this is actually a problem lol. once the neutral flag is stolen, theres is very little counter play. you cant really do anything but wait for them to cap. also, say theres 3 mins left on the clock and youre 1 flag up. id just steal the flag and run to my own spawn without capping. i like the concept of "hiding" as fc, just like in death trap where you would take flag and instead of running back to your own base immediately, you would hide in the corners of the enemy base. however this risks become quite extreme.
tbh i have no good way of fixing this. my options are opening up map a bit more, but i know that goes against what you want fo rthe map. or you add another flag. 1 neutral flag closer towards red, another close towards blue. you make it hard/dangerous for blue to cross over to reds neutral flag and vice versa. that way a team can always have a defensive and offensive option
u dont gota open up map u can jus make the spawns of both teams everywhere like i can spawn in red base as a blu player u kno

map still looks the same lmfa0...

bottom is now linked between both sides via elevation, rather than blocked and forced into a trench. you said the problem was no counterplay once someone takes the flag, elevation now allows for spray on enemy flag carrier

Back
Top Bottom