Open Spawn Invincibility timers and Hitsounds

Pawn Credits
I don't know how much you can program with this game but it could use a couple of quality of life changes.

1. When players spawn, they should get at least 3-4 seconds of invincibility to prevent spawn camping. Its annoying dying in a CTF match and the opponent is already waiting on top of your spawn point ready to melee/claymore you. Then you're forced to wait another 7 seconds after you die, or switch to heavy instead of a class your team needs.

2. There should be an option to silence the hitsounds of enemy bullets. At times when there is a huge firefight going on, I can't tell if my bullets are hitting the opponents or if its the sound of their bullets hitting each other. I shouldn't be able to hear other people getting hit.

3. I don't know how much this would change up gameplay, but similar to medics in TF2 I think supports should have a small health regen. We shouldn't have to have two support heal each other to keep themselves alive. I believe the health regen will allow smaller teams to balance out a bit since players won't have to rely on the double support strategy to keep healers alive, the extra player can choose a different class to help the team instead.

Upvote 0
Gameplay would change a lot if these were established.

Yeah thats the point. To change gameplay. I'm really adamant about the first suggestion, since spawncamping is an issue in team-based gamemodes. Insta-deaths are never fun.
Do you have any actual input besides "sounds dumb"?

Maybe a 2 second anti spawn camp would be nice.
Second suggestion sounds good.
The third can be controversial.

I don't know how much you can program with this game but it could use a couple of quality of life changes.

1. When players spawn, they should get at least 3-4 seconds of invincibility to prevent spawn camping. Its annoying dying in a CTF match and the opponent is already waiting on top of your spawn point ready to melee/claymore you. Then you're forced to wait another 7 seconds after you die, or switch to heavy instead of a class your team needs.

2. There should be an option to silence the hitsounds of enemy bullets. At times when there is a huge firefight going on, I can't tell if my bullets are hitting the opponents or if its the sound of their bullets hitting each other. I shouldn't be able to hear other people getting hit.

3. I don't know how much this would change up gameplay, but similar to medics in TF2 I think supports should have a small health regen. We shouldn't have to have two support heal each other to keep themselves alive. I believe the health regen will allow smaller teams to balance out a bit since players won't have to rely on the double support strategy to keep healers alive, the extra player can choose a different class to help the team instead.

1. -> we'll add a chance to see what you're about to spawn on top of before you spawn
2. -> sure
3. -> that would make the class paddable for KD. kill one or two people then run back to base to heal and go back into battle.. doesn't seem like quite a good idea.

1. -> we'll add a chance to see what you're about to spawn on top of before you spawn
2. -> sure
3. -> that would make the class paddable for KD. kill one or two people then run back to base to heal and go back into battle.. doesn't seem like quite a good idea.
Oh right, I forgot padding was a thing for this game. Oof.

2. -> sure
Wow Alex #1 sounds cool.

1. I agree with you. Especially this should be implemented: Mauler mines shouldn't work on spawn points.
There are certain players who place mines on my spawn points (in Layers for instance) and I just get killed instantly.
It's not too bad tbh, because it just happens in smaller maps.

3. Hmm, sounds quite OP. Why not give the Medic an useable item like a medkit that lets him heal once (either instantly or over time). That'd be better, but I personally think Medics are already useful enough.
But they should get points for healing teammates again.

2. -> sure

Paddable for kd? that dont realy make sense beb there nothin wrong wit stayin alive and killin i think medics regenerating their own hp for healing team mates is a dope idea would make game more fun n make medics more useable in clan wars. we shud try this out for every % of a temmate healed the medic recovers same amount of hp dat sik beb for rel for rel

1. I agree with you. Especially this should be implemented: Mauler mines shouldn't work on spawn points.
There are certain players who place mines on my spawn points (in Layers for instance) and I just get killed instantly.
It's not too bad tbh, because it just happens in smaller maps.

I do the claymore spawns on pyramid and its fun :(

Does this mean you will be able to choose if you want to spawn or not or that you can just see where youre gonna spawn and eventually it will spawn for you

Maybe a lighter suggestion for #3 is that Supports get a one time use med-kit for themselves that can be used by pressing Spacebar/‘F’. I’m not sure about that because Support is just fine. It’s not underpowered or overpowered.

Paddable for kd? that dont realy make sense beb there nothin wrong wit stayin alive and killin i think medics regenerating their own hp for healing team mates is a dope idea would make game more fun n make medics more useable in clan wars. we shud try this out for every % of a temmate healed the medic recovers same amount of hp dat sik beb for rel for rel
See 👇

We could also set up the medic's self-heal so that it only procs when he has taken 50% damage from only the enemy. Then the self-heal should end when he reaches full hp and doesn't start back up until a cooldown timer ends.

When I thought up this second condition, I tried to keep padding in mind this time. Like if there were a situation where someone wanted to use support to farm kills and they were controlling a player on the enemy team, they'd have to inflict damage on the healer. By making the self-heal stop when the player reaches full health, it prevents the player from just activating the ability once and then having it for the rest of his current life. The cooldown timer for self-regen should slow down the padding process a bit, at the very least. Alternatively, we can also only allow the ability to activate 2-3 times per life to prevent long lives.

What do you guys think?

Maybe a lighter suggestion for #3 is that Supports get a one time use med-kit for themselves that can be used by pressing Spacebar/‘F’. I’m not sure about that because Support is just fine. It’s not underpowered or overpowered.

This is similar for Fortnite, a game that I despise.

Back
Top Bottom