1x1 Maze0001 (Hard?, B Rank?)

:O that makes sense

I'm not familiar with who action script works, but is that frame dependent though?

example in 21 fps:
- I tap "W" 1 time, and the game moves 3 frames of animation (puts you in clash position)
But
example in 60 fps:
- I tap "W" 1 time, and the game moves 5 frames of animation (puts you in high voidz position)

But that's obviously not how it works in 60 fps. 1 "W" tap moves you anywhere from 5 frames of animation to 7 frames or down to 3 frames. It's inconsistent.

The same was for 21 fps iirc, wasn't it? 1 tap =/= set amount of frames. Was 21 fps always consistent with the amount of animation frames, which would result in consistent movement (on ladders)?

===

Is that how things work? If yes, wouldn't that mean more FPS is better? Meaning, if you can get it so that, say a full animation of ladder movement is only 3 frames, and 1 tap of "W" moves you up 3 frame of animation every time 100% consistently, that would the be the ideal version of Pawn?

:O that makes sense

I'm not familiar with who action script works, but is that frame dependent though?

example in 21 fps:
- I tap "W" 1 time, and the game moves 3 frames of animation (puts you in clash position)
But
example in 60 fps:
- I tap "W" 1 time, and the game moves 5 frames of animation (puts you in high voidz position)

But that's obviously not how it works in 60 fps. 1 "W" tap moves you anywhere from 5 frames of animation to 7 frames or down to 3 frames. It's inconsistent.

The same was for 21 fps iirc, wasn't it? 1 tap =/= set amount of frames. Was 21 fps always consistent with the amount of animation frames, which would result in consistent movement (on ladders)?

===

Is that how things work? If yes, wouldn't that mean more FPS is better? Meaning, if you can get it so that, say a full animation of ladder movement is only 3 frames, and 1 tap of "W" moves you up 3 frame of animation every time 100% consistently, that would the be the ideal version of Pawn?

on 60 fps I am able to press a character on the ladder and not move at all. I have a brief shoulder displacement but my body stays in the same place. I am only able to do this with a specific membrane keyboard. It is also very difficult to time this "one frame" maneuver. On 21 fps however, I could consistently move to a position 1 placement up or one placement down and replicate the maneuver where I stay in one place. The important part is that I could align my feet with the ground, the same way I align my shoulders with a ladder.

The problem is not a matter of consistency, the problem is a matter of different physics of the game in conjunction with consistency.

Back
Top Bottom