[2T-KoTH] The Unnamed Island

MoMo

PT Map Making Team
Founding Supporter
Pawn Credits
One day I will flood the server with my MoMo-themed maps.

Version 01:
WPRbHRF.jpg

Version 02:
Bqm4TJf.jpg

Last edited:
Omg that orange is so atrocious.

I'm not sure if you know or not but the small walkways to the bottom left/right of the zone you'll only be able to go directly up that ramp, you won't be able to walk along them because of the wall. They allow a half tile of movement space and if the adjacent tile doesn't allow for another half (i.e. a wall, box, physical object) you won't be able to walk on it. I'd suggest possibly moving those 3 piece walls out diaganol one more and making them platforms you can walk on. I think this would allow good front control of the zone if your team captures while allowing the enemy to still attack with grenades if possible.

I think you should open the top path up. I generally avoid using 1 tile paths especially between two walls as I think they're very constricting, I'd like if you opened that up and possibly added some highground along the outside walls for the team being cornered to fire back on. The middle area isn't too bad, I like the concept a decent amount but think you could accomplish it a bit better with some aestethics (spelling lol). I'd also suggest possibly turning the 1 box on each side into 2 boxes (directly above/below the current ones) as it allows a bit more creative movement in that area. Last suggestion would possibly to add boxes in the extra space tile below the ramps for the very top platform above the zone. That would protect people running to that from people shooting in the zone and force players to utilize grenades (which is a good mechanic in my opinion, when you're in the zone you should have to utilize all your options in order to survive) to stop someone from getting that highground advantage on them.

Overall I like the map and I think the movement you're forcing the players to use is very good and will inspire quite a lot of fighting. Holding this zone would be quite easy for a skilled team against an unskilled team which I think is appropriate for certain maps. I think with a few tweaks (please god some visual ones) this would be a great clan war map.

Thank you RipIt. This is exactly the kind of feedbacks that I want to hear from people.

Omg that orange is so atrocious.

I feel the same. I will definitely make it more aesthetic.

I'm not sure if you know or not but the small walkways to the bottom left/right of the zone you'll only be able to go directly up that ramp, you won't be able to walk along them because of the wall.

Yes, I know this, but thanks for pointing it out.

I'd suggest possibly moving those 3 piece walls out diaganol one more and making them platforms you can walk on. I think this would allow good front control of the zone if your team captures while allowing the enemy to still attack with grenades if possible.

This is a great idea. I was actually concerned about that ramp being kind of useless since movement is limited to only one and a half tile. I have moved that wall out by one tile diagonally and added a ramp that faces south. I think this would allow for more actions than just throwing grenades toward the zone.

hYpivss.png

I think you should open the top path up. I generally avoid using 1 tile paths especially between two walls as I think they're very constricting, I'd like if you opened that up and possibly added some highground along the outside walls for the team being cornered to fire back on.

I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about.

Last suggestion would possibly to add boxes in the extra space tile below the ramps for the very top platform above the zone. That would protect people running to that from people shooting in the zone and force players to utilize grenades.

Instead of placing more boxes, I modified the walls around that platform above the zone (I took out the grey barriers below it and added an extra ramp).

Overall I like the map and I think the movement you're forcing the players to use is very good and will inspire quite a lot of fighting.

I originally wanted to keep both bases close to each other and make people fight their way up to the zone, but somehow the path became a bit too long. This is an idea that I am hoping to realize in my next T-KoTH map. Overall I am pretty satisfied with the outcome of this map, except those orange areas. You got exactly what I wanted to do here yay. I'll post the new version some time this weekend.

Thank you RipIt. This is exactly the kind of feedbacks that I want to hear from people.

I feel the same. I will definitely make it more aesthetic.

Yes, I know this, but thanks for pointing it out.

This is a great idea. I was actually concerned about that ramp being kind of useless since movement is limited to only one and a half tile. I have moved that wall out by one tile diagonally and added a ramp that faces south. I think this would allow for more actions than just throwing grenades toward the zone.

hYpivss.png

I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about.

Instead of placing more boxes, I modified the walls around that platform above the zone (I took out the grey barriers below it and added an extra ramp).

I originally wanted to keep both bases close to each other and make people fight their way up to the zone, but somehow the path became a bit too long. This is an idea that I am hoping to realize in my next T-KoTH map. Overall I am pretty satisfied with the outcome of this map, except those orange areas. You got exactly what I wanted to do here yay. I'll post the new version some time this weekend.

Love the ramp change, think that fits the zone perfectly. My other suggestion was regarding the 1 tile doorway directly to the left of this screenshot. I'm wondering how it would look it you pulled the top wall back one so it was 2 wide, and perhaps added a small just corners/ramp platform behind the wall that would allow an enemy to "control" the other teams spawn area without directly being able to see it. It might ruin the balance however.

I literally just spent an hour beautifying the map. Now it really looks like an island.
I am very satisfied with the final product.

Here is what have been changed:
1. (a) The platforms on the left / right of the zone have been expanded and they are now walkable (b) An extra ramp has been added to both platforms.
2. An extra ramp has been added for the top platform above the zone.
3. The center path under those green blockage is now unavailable.
4. The orange areas have been removed and replaced by a larger area of gameplay and aesthetic designs.
5. A cargo ship was added. This is inspired by @TheCriminaL's comment.

CR3ahhc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom