Adobe Flash Player Web Plugin End of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Administrator
Staff Team
Pawn Credits
Hey everyone, today marks the day of Adobe disabling their Flash Player web plugins. Historically Flash content has been mostly distributed via the web as that allowed anyone with a web browser to access it, which nearly every type of computer had. Games were published on game websites with advertisements alongside that allowed free to play to exist while developers and publishers still got paid.

The days of web Flash are now over as HTML5 has moved in. That being said, Adobe hasn't disabled its desktop Flash Players which is why Pawn Tactics' Windows version continues to work on the Flash platform.

I have decided to postpone Pawn's desktop version release until the next game update is ready. Everyone is welcome to apply as a Feature Tester in order to test the beta version of this update.

Update:

Alex when do you think youll have pawn up and running? I use to play back in the day when ChEeToHs was around
I have made plans to have to have Pawn officially up and running in April sometime by May. In the mean time it's possible to play it as a feature tester.

The way it's currently possible to play Pawn is by using Adobe's Flash player projector. However, Adobe has expressed their wish that Flash player is only to be used for development and testing purposes from now on. That is why I retracted my original stopgap plan of releasing desktop versions of Pawn / PT on all platforms using that technology.

There will be more information on progress in the future.

Last edited:
Alex when do you think youll have pawn up and running? I use to play back in the day when ChEeToHs was around

Last edited:
Also couldn't you use a flash emulator to run the game for the time being?
Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think a flash emulator like 'flash point' has internet connectivity. we are just stuck waiting my dude.

I have made plans to have to have it officially up and running in April. In the mean time it's possible to play it as a feature tester.

The way it's currently possible to play Pawn is by using Adobe's Flash player projector. However, Adobe has expressed their wish that Flash player is only to be used for development and testing purposes from now on. That is why I retracted my original stopgap plan of releasing desktop versions of Pawn / PT on all platforms using that technology.

There will be more information on progress in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom