What’s the next move.

regarding advertising:

turn PT into one of those .io games like (surviv.io, agar.io and worms.io). extremely easy to type in a web address and immediately be at the pawn tactics loading screen, able to play without needing to make an account. Apply to get it listed on all .io websites (easily at least 50 websites) and apply for casual flash game websites (kongregate, miniclips, y8). Give both STREAMERS and YOUTUBERS incentive by offering special exclusive game items if they make a video/stream for a certain amount of time (This can just be some sort of special smoke, skin, or flair).

We already have a quickplay feature all set up that gives player an option to make an account. When users want to play in groups (friends at school or some :censored:) theyll all make accounts together. Just blatantly shill pawn tactics as a “new revamped game” its such a small :censored: game noone will care.

The “advertising” attempts done so far have been useless. Why would users want to use a confusing forum login to a website to play a dead game when they have so many flashgame alternatives like (every .io game) Imo the most important approach should be to make the entire game EXTREMELY easy to use/accessible. Remember that flash games are mostly played by people who cant play actual games that require installation (using school computer, or they’re poor) or are too lazy to do so/enjoy the convenience.

I think also no one gives a convincing answer to why people should play pawn tactics instead of other games. It’s filled with weird bugs, outdated graphics, players that have played so long new players cant catch up, and honestly not the best community. Not to say that i don’t love this game, I do; but looking at the state of everything is right now its going to be hard to convince any new players to join this game unless you implement changes. Until that point don’t spend time or energy on advertising, it’s gonna be a complete waste, demoralizing and accomplish nothing.

The “advertising” attempts done so far have been useless. Why would users want to use a confusing forum login to a website to play a dead game when they have so many flashgame alternatives like (every .io game) Imo the most important approach should be to make the entire game EXTREMELY easy to use/accessible. Remember that flash games are mostly played by people who cant play actual games that require installation (using school computer, or they’re poor) or are too lazy to do so/enjoy the convenience.

I think also no one gives a convincing answer to why people should play pawn tactics instead of other games. It’s filled with weird bugs, outdated graphics, players that have played so long new players cant catch up, and honestly not the best community. Not to say that i don’t love this game, I do; but looking at the state of everything is right now its going to be hard to convince any new players to join this game unless you implement changes. Until that point don’t spend time or energy on advertising, it’s gonna be a complete waste, demoralizing and accomplish nothing.
I agree, easy access and we need to let players play against guests. I understand the padding issue, but players that pad are going to pad anyways. People won't make an account if they don't already like the game and if they can't play they won't stay. We should get rid of quickplay rooms and let guests join lobby as guests like when the server launched, so they can play private t1 games. It would also allow us to talk to them and welcome them to the site and encourage them to make an account.

I agree, easy access and we need to let players play against guests. I understand the padding issue, but players that pad are going to pad anyways. People won't make an account if they don't already like the game and if they can't play they won't stay. We should get rid of quickplay rooms and let guests join lobby as guests like when the server launched, so they can play private t1 games. It would also allow us to talk to them and welcome them to the site and encourage them to make an account.
Like that idea

regarding advertising:

turn PT into one of those .io games like (surviv.io, agar.io and worms.io). extremely easy to type in a web address and immediately be at the pawn tactics loading screen, able to play without needing to make an account. Apply to get it listed on all .io websites (easily at least 50 websites) and apply for casual flash game websites (kongregate, miniclips, y8). Give both STREAMERS and YOUTUBERS incentive by offering special exclusive game items if they make a video/stream for a certain amount of time (This can just be some sort of special smoke, skin, or flair).

We already have a quickplay feature all set up that gives player an option to make an account. When users want to play in groups (friends at school or some :censored:) theyll all make accounts together. Just blatantly shill pawn tactics as a “new revamped game” its such a small :censored: game noone will care.

I like your idea.

But are you sure it's that easy to turn PT into of those .io-games? Sure, surviv.io, agar.io and Co. are very popular, but who knows how many other .io-games there are who are not successful. But it's definitely worth a try to focus on guests (letting them chat with us and stuff like that).

I think logging on less and less everyday is a good step. Game's not that fun and the people are even worse imo.

Yea the people are what make up this great community, it sucks to see it tarnished in such a negative way.

Www.pawngame.com should direct you to a home page that gives you quick access to both games to play.

Pointing the url to the forums leaves people confused an just leave.

Just adding on to this

We should remember how most of us found this game. (I found it on crazymonkeygames) The link on CMG didnt take me to the forums, it took me directly to the GAME and I hopped right in. I only made an account after I LIKED the game and cared about my stats being saved. PT and PG need to be more transparent to new users.

Some drop of hope

“we're not going to lose all these players we gained back” - Alex
That does bring a smile to my face.

But it wouldn't hurt to post here/reply to posts. This thread is several days old and we didn't receive an official statement. Lack of communication from admins was always a big problem in the past imo.

I do believe in our admins/mods. They're active (at least most of them) and motivated.

It's still cool you were able to forward Alex' message.

The main problem with all this is that Alex, correct me if I am wrong, and maybe Near are the only ones that have full access to the code. They need help implementing all this stuff. Hell, I've looked at the map editor code and there is so many layers in that :censored:. Just even parsing a damn string seems like it would take work. That's programmed in Java, I can only imagine what the hell it is like to deal with flash.
I would be curious if it would be possible for Alex or Blank to open up positions for developers on the game code, not just the map editor. These are all great ideas, but until we have a decent amount of people with some expertise in the implementation side they will continue to be just ideas.

I also feel that if we are going to do this, we would need to have scheduled periods of time over the course of a few weeks where we all play pubs. There is no use in the guest system if no one is on. I don't know how many people even go to sites like crazymonkeygames, armorgames, or kongregate. I can't imagine the amount of people they get online is so incredibly high that guests would simply be able to play off of each other.

Im not sure who's in charge or how the decision process works within administration but how do we make this come into effect?

I will talk to Alex and try to get something done. I felt like this was the way to go from the beginning, but we wanted to release the site and never got to it.

Back
Top Bottom