Pro Choice or Pro Life?

Pawn Credits
I'm pro choice because we are rich and we have the luxury to dispose of unwanted babies. Plus if abortions were illegal, some women would perform their own abortions anyway, people would throw babies in dumpsters, or drown infants in toilets. So abortions are a (relatively) safe medical practice that is standardized and convenient.

I mean imo this decision isn't really up to me. I don't give a crap what u do with ur kid. It's not mine. So technically pro choice. Like why should i tell you what to do with your child lmao

Reactions: zen
Like why should i tell you what to do with your child lmao

without getting into the complexities of cultural acceptance of abortion and practices therein

same

So abortions are a (relatively) safe medical practice that is standardized and convenient.

abortions are more safe than many will have you believe
I'm using John Oliver clips because his research team is amazing

Last edited:
Oho, controversial discussions. Let's see if it doesn't get heated.

Both sides have good arguments. I'm leaning towards Pro-Choice, but I don't think people who are Pro-Life are wrong or something like that.
At the end of the day it depends on your definition of life. Is an unborn child (below a certain age. I think it's usually <12 or 14 weeks) already human life?

But I do believe abortions in special cases should definietely be allowed:

- Medical reasons
- Pregnant person is too young
- Rape

Especially the first two cases - it doesn't make sense to continue pregnancy if the person might die (including the child).

Oho, controversial discussions. Let's see if it doesn't get heated.

Both sides have good arguments. I'm leaning towards Pro-Choice, but I don't think people who are Pro-Life are wrong or something like that.
At the end of the day it depends on your definition of life. Is an unborn child (below a certain age. I think it's usually <12 or 14 weeks) already human life?

But I do believe abortions in special cases should definietely be allowed:

- Medical reasons
- Pregnant person is too young
- Rape

Especially the first two cases - it doesn't make sense to continue pregnancy if the person might die (including the child).
Are you saying that if the baby is considered a life you are against aborting? Sorry just want some clarification.

I'm pro-choice within the first 2-3 months when it is still an embryo, but after that point I'm against it except for medical reasons.

Are you saying that if the baby is considered a life you are against aborting? Sorry just want some clarification.
No, I'd (probably) still be pro-choice, because unsafe abortions (not performed by a professional) lead to complications/death. I'm fine with abortions withhin the first 12 weeks tho.
Late term abortions are rare anyways and most doctors wouldn't recommend/perform them unless there's no other choice.

I just mentioned definition of life, because it does play a huge factor in people being pro-life or pro-choice.
If you consider a <12 week unborn baby life: pro-life.
If you consider a <12 week not a human life: pro-choice.

No, I'd (probably) still be pro-choice, because unsafe abortions (not performed by a professional) lead to complications/death. I'm fine with abortions withhin the first 12 weeks tho.
Late term abortions are rare anyways and most doctors wouldn't recommend/perform them unless there's no other choice.

I just mentioned definition of life, because it does play a huge factor in people being pro-life or pro-choice.
If you consider a <12 week unborn baby life: pro-life.
If you consider a <12 week not a human life: pro-choice.

I get you are ok within the first 12 weeks, but if it has been more, are you for or against abortion if there are no medical issues?

I dont see a need for abortion to allowed unless its for someone who is a victim of Rape.

Other than that, the taxpayers don't need to pay for these irresponsible acts.

Practice responsible sex. If you don't, the consequences are on you.

Pro Choice. Do you think if abortions were made impossible, the kids that would've been aborted will be born into a happy and loving life with the parents who don't want them? Does a girl who gets raped at 16 not have a right to the rest of her life, or is she a murderer for not being able to raise a physical reminder of a traumatic experience? It's funny how people think that the abortion discussion ends once the baby is born. Like yeah we saved that kid from being aborted but he didn't make it past 10 because his parents didn't want him so they didn't really feed him.
Are you also a vegan? I doubt you achieved those arms without the murder of many sentient beings just to support your life habit
For once I am agreeing with 7

EDIT: The one place in this where I do agree with conservatives is that I hate how young people think the legalization of abortions is an undo button for knocking someone up when you aren't ready. I don't see abortions as murder, but I also do not think it is a decision that should be taken lightly, as seems to be the cultural reaction to legalized abortions.

Just as a clarification on what I said, I am pro life. I would never kill my own child for many reasons, whether it be religious or how I think morally killing a living thing intentionally is wrong and unjustifiable. However, I do not feel like opposing my views on other people, hence why I said I don't care what you do with your child.

My view is a middle position: An individual has moral standing when having the capacity for pleasure/pain (sentience). A fetus won't have such standing until later towards the second trimester.
Basically, abortion in the early stages of the pregnancy is not morally wrong. Past the second trimester, when the fetus has gained sentience, it has moral standing and right to life and so abortion at that stage would require appropriate restrictions as it would be similar to infanticide.

Edit: I would to ask pro-life advocates here (1) why is it wrong to kill another person (2) When do you consider a developing fetus a person with the same rights as let's say an adult human?

Pro choice because babies are evil. They are just built to take an old man’s job. Those babies want them out me in a retirement home some day. They are just a replacement for mankind. Say no to babies

Pro Choice. Do you think if abortions were made impossible, the kids that would've been aborted will be born into a happy and loving life with the parents who don't want them? Does a girl who gets raped at 16 not have a right to the rest of her life, or is she a murderer for not being able to raise a physical reminder of a traumatic experience? It's funny how people think that the abortion discussion ends once the baby is born. Like yeah we saved that kid from being aborted but he didn't make it past 10 because his parents didn't want him so they didn't really feed him.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. Not referring to you but so many people will be like "Oh pro-life supporters want to ban abortions but don't care about what will happen to the baby after it's born". The truth is that there is literally a gigantic waiting list to adopt babies. There are not enough babies to go around for all the couples that would like to adopt them. So the crutch of "the baby is just going to be neglected" is a total fallacy. If a baby is given up for adoption instead of aborted it is most certainly going to end up with very loving parents.

Back
Top Bottom